Class presentation games?

i am presenting to my class on the topic of Borderline Personality disorder. I have a powerpoint and a video already. But I want some ideas in terms of ensuring that class pays attention. The only one I can think of is giving a mini quiz at the end and giving away a prize.

Any other ideas?

Favorite Answer

Be well prepared... and get them involved. Ask them questions during the presentation. Also give them a incentive to listen like you suggest a prize. I woudln't recommend a quiz though. Who really enjoys taking quizes? Even though when you are asking them questions you are in a sense quizing them but an actual quiz on a piece of paper is formal and first thing that comes to ones mind is well "AHHHHH."

Presentation Games

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Class presentation games?

Any other ideas?

Source(s): class presentation games: https://biturl.im/RViK7
  • OTOTW

Do you have enough time for them to do a jigsaw read? That means you may have an article pertaining to your topic, divide up the room, and let them read sections of the article, then share what they learned from their section and conclude some ideas about what they read. Also, you may have a case study that introduces a person with a BP who has a problem they are facing that you present to your audience, then let them figure out what they would do to help the person in the case study. Also, you can do a pretest or a worksheet. At the beginning handout a test, then throughout your presentation they will find or hear the answers. Give a door prize (it can be candy, something inexpensive) to the first one who has all the answers correct. I have provided a link to a quiz that might be helpful.

Games: Super Smash Bros. Brawl- Genre: Action/ Adventure. Description: An all out melee of your favorite Nintendo characters! Players: 1-4 Rated: T for teen Wii Sports- Genre: Sports. Description: Compete with your friends in four of your favorite sports in the comfort of your own home! Players: 1-2 Rated E for everyone. (kids would learn to share) Mario Party 8- Genre: Miscellaneous Description: Have a blast playing tons of mini-games in this awesome party game! Players:1-4 Rated E for everyone. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics- Genre: Miscellaneous Description: Eternal rivals Mario and Sonic compete with each other to win gold medals at the Olympics! Play many sports from a 100 meter dash to sword fighting. Players: 1-4 (varies from game to game) Rated E for everyone. Hope that helps.

• Amber

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axhDx

So far the best games for the nintendo wii is Super Smash Brawl and it was voted best on alot of reveiws. Also some other good games would be Mario Galaxy, Zelda the twighlight princess(dont let the name fool you), need for speed carbon, and a new one thats comeing out would be mario cart.

I would use alot of differnt pics on powerpoint and some wild music. Make them kinda feel the disorder...I'm not being cute. The 1st thing I thought of was some happy-balloon pics then some dark depressing pics. And a song that expresses the caous,like "Helter Skelter", by John Lennon. It may not work,but it will keep them awake!lol

Your quiz idea is good and the prize is too...But prior to that be sure to have a good presentation, an interesting power point, and sharp content and delivery...if you do that they'd listen to you talk about charcoal over propane grills...Good luck with the presentation

You may find the 100 Creative Presentation Ideas e-book useful.

It includes a chapter with creative ideas for attaining audience participation:

http://www.best100ideas.com/ideas01.shtml

I would stop at intervals and ask questions on the presentation thus far and toss candy to the winners. This way, you are encouraging them to continue to pay attention. If you wait until the end, then only those few who paid attention that well will have the answers.