Should an African American Adopting Indian Children?

I am an african american femal considering adoption and I am really interested in Adopting a child from indian. I have been told by friends that Adoption agencies will not allow a African American female interacially adopt. I have been incensed by this is this true? So if I wanted to adopt a white or indian... show more I am an african american femal considering adoption and I am really interested in Adopting a child from indian. I have been told by friends that Adoption agencies will not allow a African American female interacially adopt. I have been incensed by this is this true? So if I wanted to adopt a white or indian child I could not? Why?
Update: FYI, I am just beginning reseraching this process. I am currently in Law school and intend to adopt after completion. I was asking this question because I have been hearing a lot of discouraging words and I am beginning research. I currently hold 2 BA degrees, a Masters and workign on the JD. I am a homeowner... show more FYI, I am just beginning reseraching this process. I am currently in Law school and intend to adopt after completion. I was asking this question because I have been hearing a lot of discouraging words and I am beginning research. I currently hold 2 BA degrees, a Masters and workign on the JD. I am a homeowner and my salary is better than most two parent households, I have a lot of love to give and intend to pursue adoption as soon as i complete school.
7 answers 7