HELP URGENT!--Nursing Theories- and the people behind each theory?

I need to compile all the nursng theories & the theorists who conceptualized them.

I was able to visit some sites but i dont think this is enough. Guys i need your super power help. kindly supply me more please.

a gazillion thank you!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Orem and Pender seem to be very applicable in today's nursing

Check out this site

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa4004/i...

Listing of published works by nursing theorists maintained by the Transcultural Nursing Society A-K L-Z

* Marriner-Tomey, A. & Alligood, M. R. (2005) Nursing Theorist and Their Work . 6th Edition. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.

* Hesook, K. & Kollak, I. (2005) Nursing Theories: Conceptual and Philosophical Foundations. 2nd Edition. ISBN: 082614005X

* Alligood, M.R. & Marriner-Tomey, A. (2005). Nursing Theory: Utilization and application. 3nd Edition. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.

* Sitzman, K., and Eichelberger, L. W., (2004). Understanding the work of nurse theorist: A creative beginning. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.

* Walker, L. O., & Avant, C.A. (2004) Strategies for Theory Construction in Nursing 4th Edition. Prentiss Hall.

* Fawcett, J. (2004) Contemporary Nursing Knowledge: Analysis and Evaluation of Nursing Models and Theories. 2nd edition. F. A. Davis Company

* Peterson, S.J., Bredow, T.S. (2004). Middle Range Theories: Application to Nursing Research. Philadelphia, Lippincott Willams & Wilkins.

* Chinn, P. and Kramer, M. (1999). Theory and nursing: integrated knowledge development. 5th Ed. St. Louis: Mosby.

* George, J. (Ed). (2002). Nursing Theories: The base for professional nursing practice. 5th Ed. Norwalk, CT: Appleton and Lange.

* Johnson, B. M., and Webber, P. B. ( 2001). An introduction to theory and reasoning in nursing. Philadelphia: Lippincott.

* Tomey, A. M., and Alligood, M. R. (Ed). (2002). Nursing theorists and their work. 5th Ed. St. Louis: Mosby.

Also -Lisa Wright Eichelberger has a book

Understanding the Work of Nurse Theorists: A Creative Beginning

Kathleen Sitzman, MS, RN, Weber State University, Lisa Wright Eichelberger, DSN, RN, Dean of Health Sciences, Clayton State University

ISBN 13: 9780763747664

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Hey,

in answer to this question, HELP URGENT!--Nursing Theories- and the people behind each theory?, I say you that you might get some help from http://asknursingonline.com

As you asked; "I need to compile all the nursng theories & the theorists who conceptualized them. I was able to visit some sites but i dont think this is enough. Guys i need your super power help. kindly supply me more please. a gazillion thank you!" it might help you.

All the Best :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.