HELP URGENT!--Nursing Theories- and the people behind each theory?
I need to compile all the nursng theories & the theorists who conceptualized them.
I was able to visit some sites but i dont think this is enough. Guys i need your super power help. kindly supply me more please.
a gazillion thank you!
- shitstainzLv 61 decade agoBest Answer
Orem and Pender seem to be very applicable in today's nursing
Check out this site
Listing of published works by nursing theorists maintained by the Transcultural Nursing Society A-K L-Z
* Marriner-Tomey, A. & Alligood, M. R. (2005) Nursing Theorist and Their Work . 6th Edition. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.
* Hesook, K. & Kollak, I. (2005) Nursing Theories: Conceptual and Philosophical Foundations. 2nd Edition. ISBN: 082614005X
* Alligood, M.R. & Marriner-Tomey, A. (2005). Nursing Theory: Utilization and application. 3nd Edition. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.
* Sitzman, K., and Eichelberger, L. W., (2004). Understanding the work of nurse theorist: A creative beginning. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
* Walker, L. O., & Avant, C.A. (2004) Strategies for Theory Construction in Nursing 4th Edition. Prentiss Hall.
* Fawcett, J. (2004) Contemporary Nursing Knowledge: Analysis and Evaluation of Nursing Models and Theories. 2nd edition. F. A. Davis Company
* Peterson, S.J., Bredow, T.S. (2004). Middle Range Theories: Application to Nursing Research. Philadelphia, Lippincott Willams & Wilkins.
* Chinn, P. and Kramer, M. (1999). Theory and nursing: integrated knowledge development. 5th Ed. St. Louis: Mosby.
* George, J. (Ed). (2002). Nursing Theories: The base for professional nursing practice. 5th Ed. Norwalk, CT: Appleton and Lange.
* Johnson, B. M., and Webber, P. B. ( 2001). An introduction to theory and reasoning in nursing. Philadelphia: Lippincott.
* Tomey, A. M., and Alligood, M. R. (Ed). (2002). Nursing theorists and their work. 5th Ed. St. Louis: Mosby.
Also -Lisa Wright Eichelberger has a book
Understanding the Work of Nurse Theorists: A Creative Beginning
Kathleen Sitzman, MS, RN, Weber State University, Lisa Wright Eichelberger, DSN, RN, Dean of Health Sciences, Clayton State University
ISBN 13: 9780763747664
- Anonymous5 years ago
in answer to this question, HELP URGENT!--Nursing Theories- and the people behind each theory?, I say you that you might get some help from http://asknursingonline.com
As you asked; "I need to compile all the nursng theories & the theorists who conceptualized them. I was able to visit some sites but i dont think this is enough. Guys i need your super power help. kindly supply me more please. a gazillion thank you!" it might help you.
All the Best :)