Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

why are Persian showed black in the film 300?

persian were immigrate to iran from north of europe more than 3000 thousand years ago.all the important man in ancient persia make their hair curly it was a rule especially the king.it seems any where that american wants to show wild and bad people they show it black!

Favorite Answer

Use your head for something besides a hat rack. First do a little research into the movie. It was a depiction of Frank Miller's graphic novel. Think "Sin City." Secondly the Persian army had conquered many lands and it was quite concealable that some of them might have been black. Thirdly this was a movie for entertainment purposes; not historical account shown on the history or discovery channels. Finally the only black people shown in the Persian army in the film was a General and women sex slaves. They did not have a bunch of black people up there acting like wild animals. Wait after further review not your made due to their not being enough blacks in the movie. If you look at something long enough you can see what ever you want. There are very valid forms of racism, please do yourself a favor and quit thinking that everything is racism.

Black Persian

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): persian showed black film 300: https://tr.im/5HAWd
  • Wanda

persian showed black film 300

Persians, Assyrians, Nubians, - anyone conquering Egypt before 642 AD (the year when Arabs conquered Egyptt) were BLACK. Even in the bible. Stop lying to yourselves.

So anyone living in Modern day Egypt and Middle-East are descendants of Arabs and not of Ancient Egyptians who, again, were Black.

They also like to make them effeminate, or French. I didn't think that Xerxes looked all that black, but I guess I see your point. What bothered me more (wow, I am a white guy), was how they used an East versus West theme..... like we need to highlight that right now! They also went out of their way to make Xerxes and the Persians out to be foul demons (I'll forgive it for the sake of drama) at a time when the thought of war with Iran is on many minds.

What I found truly amusing was how they tried to use the movie as an allegory for the Iraq war, but couldn't figure out who was who. To me, the Empire seemed more like the US (big, imposing, arrogant), the Greeks more like how terrorist probably see themselves (no I don't view terrorists as "freedom fighters" or heros).

The movie misrepresents Persians, and the army itself in many ways. The Persian Immortals (the equivalent of U.S. Special Forces today) were all Persian and the best of the best. the rest were recruited from the Semitic satrapies like Mesopotamia and Palestine, and Phoenecia. Egypt was a satrapy at the time, and had begun to mix with ******* tribes of Sudan (Nubia)., but there is no mention of them sending troops into that campaign. If they did it was minimal.

I'm a persian who live in north western Persia (Iran's Azarbaijan) Persians are a branch of indo-europian people and they are white. But when writers , write against us with out study about facts we will be black and africans will be Orenge :)

you can look at some design of persians and greeks dresses and more in http://www.300themovie.info/

:http://www.300themovie.info/2007/04/post.html

do people even know what the film was about?

No it's not East vs West

No it's not racism

No it's not justifying war

No it's not about how white men are masculine and everyone else feminine

I thought the ending cleared everything up?

The guy with 1 eye, is inspiring his troops to fight. So he tells the story of King Leonidas. Like a great story teller, he exagerates everything so he can pump up his troops.

I think they were Persians that were part of the empire, not from center Persia.

It's the Lie Factory called Hollywood