Small SUV with good gas mileage?

I'm looking for a small SUV with good gas mileage. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards a Honda CR-V or a Toyota Rav-4. What's better? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

not exactly a suv, but a baby suv:

---suzuki jimny, daihatsu terios, toyota rav-4 (starting by 1,3 liters)

the smallest (the smaller the more efficient) and with less operation costs---

or next step (middle class of suv)

suzuki vitara or sx, and all big ones of ford/mazda, the nissan...etc bz 1,8 to 2,5 liters;

in general all over 2,5 liters engine-suvs exceed in terms of reasonable consumptions for normal mainly urban and weekend outdoor use; make sure 2wd option is available for economic normal street use;

for mainly outdoor use, get pick ups in the best texan tradition: simple, rough and tough (what you save in buying price you spend in little more gas or in cool design optionals optionals for elegant city eyecatching); (but are pick ups good for ladies? any pink one??? :) ) coolest pick up: mitsubishi L200 the new and the former model;

personally among the twos, you gobble in mind, i definitely suggest the toyota rav-4 (similar in technology to daihatsu terios, but nicer design);

honda cr-v is not really a suv, but a urban crossover;

alternatives are the cheap koreans kia sorento has a smooth tasty design (got from mercedes M) and hyundai santa fe (not exactly beautiful);

ciao

ps: like risks? try the very exotic indian ones (cheap and ugly: tata, mahindra and maruti)...good luck...

pps: wonna be among the first in town with alternative gas? look for who adjusts your engine for biofuel (by soia) (easy to use on diesel engines) or real gas-fuel (metan);

• 3 years ago

Small Suv Good Gas Mileage

• 4 years ago

Either a Toyota Rav4, Jeep Patriot, Jeep Compass, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Nissan Rogue, Ford Escape, Chevy Equinox, or Honda CR-V.

• Trish
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Jeep Patriot or Compass both have decent gas mileage

at 30 miles to the gallon. Of course, I dont know the gas

mileage of the two you are looking at, but I do know that

the Jeeps are less expensive.

Good luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mazda has 2 little suvs, both nice, ones bigger...

i like the new ford edge but more specifically the Lincoln MKX.

• 1 decade ago

ford escape hybrid excellent mileage around town and approx 30 mpg on the highway

• 1 decade ago

i had a Ford Explorer Sport, and it was good on gas.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.