Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Small SUV with good gas mileage?

I'm looking for a small SUV with good gas mileage. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards a Honda CR-V or a Toyota Rav-4. What's better? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

not exactly a suv, but a baby suv:

---suzuki jimny, daihatsu terios, toyota rav-4 (starting by 1,3 liters)

the smallest (the smaller the more efficient) and with less operation costs---

or next step (middle class of suv)

suzuki vitara or sx, and all big ones of ford/mazda, the nissan...etc bz 1,8 to 2,5 liters;

in general all over 2,5 liters engine-suvs exceed in terms of reasonable consumptions for normal mainly urban and weekend outdoor use; make sure 2wd option is available for economic normal street use;

for mainly outdoor use, get pick ups in the best texan tradition: simple, rough and tough (what you save in buying price you spend in little more gas or in cool design optionals optionals for elegant city eyecatching); (but are pick ups good for ladies? any pink one??? :) ) coolest pick up: mitsubishi L200 the new and the former model;

personally among the twos, you gobble in mind, i definitely suggest the toyota rav-4 (similar in technology to daihatsu terios, but nicer design);

honda cr-v is not really a suv, but a urban crossover;

alternatives are the cheap koreans kia sorento has a smooth tasty design (got from mercedes M) and hyundai santa fe (not exactly beautiful);

ciao

ps: like risks? try the very exotic indian ones (cheap and ugly: tata, mahindra and maruti)...good luck...

pps: wonna be among the first in town with alternative gas? look for who adjusts your engine for biofuel (by soia) (easy to use on diesel engines) or real gas-fuel (metan);

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Small Suv Good Gas Mileage

• 5 years ago

Either a Toyota Rav4, Jeep Patriot, Jeep Compass, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Nissan Rogue, Ford Escape, Chevy Equinox, or Honda CR-V.

• Trish
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Jeep Patriot or Compass both have decent gas mileage

at 30 miles to the gallon. Of course, I dont know the gas

mileage of the two you are looking at, but I do know that

the Jeeps are less expensive.

Good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mazda has 2 little suvs, both nice, ones bigger...

i like the new ford edge but more specifically the Lincoln MKX.

• 1 decade ago

ford escape hybrid excellent mileage around town and approx 30 mpg on the highway

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

i had a Ford Explorer Sport, and it was good on gas.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.