Is there any medicine for perfume allergies???

I have been having shortness of breath and light headedness for the past few months.....yes I have gone to a doctor, twice...Im fine(even had xrays). I began suspecting i'd developed and allergy to my cologne/aftershave so I stopped taking it the last few days, and Ive been fine. Then, today at work someone sprayed something, and BOOM, shortness of breath again.

Is there anything I can take to relieve the symptoms? Zrytec perhaps??

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately avoidance is the best treatment for perfume sensitivities.That is why many businesses are beginning to implement a fragrance free policy in the work place.Since you are sensitive to perfumes,you should only use unscented household and personal care products.Try to ask that your desk be moved next to a window for ventilation,a small air purifier would also be of help.There is a product called i can breath masks,these are good to wear when your having a reaction to perfumes or chemicals of any kind.

Source(s): Allergy research

Does anyone have a go-to med that they take before leaving home to go out in public where the perfumes and aftershaves roam?

Take Alavert or Benadril. They both work for any type of allergy symptoms. If you have a skin rash type of allergy too try a topical antihistamine like Benadril Anti-itch medication. They work.

My friends like spraying the cologne and perfume. I just yell at them ant tell them that I get really sick when they spray it cuz I do. I hate it! Just dont use it and if someone sprays something get some fresh air................ Noone needs that cologne crap in the flipping air. Im 11 and all my friends spray it all over in the dance dressing room......

IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO THAT CRAP GET OUT OF THE ROOM AND DONT EVER USE IT NOONE NEEDS IT IT STINKS AND MAKES EVERYONE SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gypsy

just an antihistamine works for everything!