Cancer of the liver and the final stage of symptoms ?

hi there, my father in law has just been told he has cancer of the liver and symptoms have come on extremely quickly. He is very yellow in the face and eyes, and vomiting alot, and also sleeping. My partner is trying to prepare himself for the worst but is wondering if any of you have had a loved one with these... show more hi there, my father in law has just been told he has cancer of the liver and symptoms have come on extremely quickly. He is very yellow in the face and eyes, and vomiting alot, and also sleeping. My partner is trying to prepare himself for the worst but is wondering if any of you have had a loved one with these symptoms and how long before they passed?

It is a secondary cancer and he has been fighting cancer of the stomach for the past year. They found tumours had grown back in his stomach and was going to send him back to the hospital for an operation. This now isnt going ahead since the liver cancer has been found, im supposing this is because there isnt much they can do ?... thanks xx