Need advice for buying a new car?

I need to purchase a new car. I've read the info. from carbuyingtips.com and thought I was prepared. I began talking to a salesman via the net & it became apparent that I need help with my bargaining tecnique. I told the man what I wanted to pay and he said that the dealer would never go for that and wanted... show more I need to purchase a new car. I've read the info. from carbuyingtips.com and thought I was prepared. I began talking to a salesman via the net & it became apparent that I need help with my bargaining tecnique. I told the man what I wanted to pay and he said that the dealer would never go for that and wanted to know where I got my numbers from. Here is a quote from him. "Any site from kbb.com, cars.com, edmonds.com, all contain disclaimers that these items are not reflected in their price, are different by region, and affect the actual invoice price. Of course the invoice I'm listing is an actual cost we pay for the vehicle and can be verified at any toyota dealership since we all pay the same thing. " He did not want to work with me when I tried to bargain with him. He then said "They will not sell that vehicle below our invoice. They pay me a flat fee by the vehicle so I really don't care how low they sell it for but that is at least $2000.00 below what they would consider.Help
Update: BTW: I am looking to purchase a Toyota Rav4 SUV
13 answers 13