Who else thinks that Gary Oldman is underrated as an actor?

Since Gary Oldman typically plays a supporting role as a character actor, I feel that his ability is often overlooked. He obviously has incredible talent, and has made every move he has acted in more memorable to the audience and he has truly been able to bring each character to life on screen.

What do you think?

Update:

Air Force One - (the Russian villain)

The Fifth Element - (Zorg)

Batman Begins - (the good cop)

Just a few of his roles...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I couldn't agree more, he is one of my all time favorite actors, it's hard to recognize him from one role to the next, he's talented, and good looking too~ that helps, lol

• Azalea
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Didn't he play Sid Vicious in Sid and Nancy? He was good in that. Can u believe that dumba** that thought you meant Gary Coleman? This is why he is an UNDERAPPRECIATED actor, because the roles he takes are too deep and complex for the majority of idiots out there to comprehend let alone appreciate! "I know, lets watch The Fast and the Furious!"

• 1 decade ago

I totally agree with you.. I love Gary Oldman and all of the movies he has done!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

OMG! I actually SWOONED for him in Bram Stoker's. I still get butterflies when I watch that movie. And I loved him in True Romance too. Plus he makes the perfect Sirius in Harry Potter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think he is a wonderful actor. He is versatile and you believe the part he plays, no matter what. "Dracula" was awesome. He made a wonderful Pontious Pilate in "Jesus" and then totally weird in "the fifth element". He is all that and more!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oh I Miss read I thought you said Gary Coleman...My Bad.

So who is Gary Oldman anyway?

• 1 decade ago

I was thinking about that just yesterday! But I don't think he is underrated, I just think he picks his roles very carefully... And usually, supporting roles are better.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gary oldman, who the hell is that?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

UMMMM,DO U MEAN GARY COLEMAN?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.