Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I have a question about medical coverage for married people.?

For the time being my husband and I do not have medical coverage for hospitalations or Dr visits or blood test until he gets a job with benenfits or when I get a job with benenfits, what is a good reasonable medical coverage to get until we get work benefits, who do you reccomend and how can we go about this we live in the East Vally in Arizona?

2 Answers

  • Zarnev
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you are both unemployed you won't be able to get a regular policy. This is because the insurance companies know you are probably going to get a job with benefits and they don't want to spend the money getting you on a policy if you're not going to stay awhile. However, you can get short term medical insurance to cover you in case of a catastrophe. They do not cover minor doctor visits or pre-existing conditions but will keep you out of bankruptcy because of high medical bills.

    If you are employed we can get you on a permanent policy.

    Contact your local independent agent or EM me. I'm in AZ and can help.

  • 1 decade ago

    contact the state about applying for health insurance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.