Is there any way to get some help from the gov. in paying off student loans after you graduate from college?

I'm 23 and I graduated from college a year ago, but never tried to apply for any grants or scholarships while I was in school. I know that there are huge amounts of money left over every year in unpaid money, that could help lots of students to pay off their loans. I'm wondering if there's any way that... show more I'm 23 and I graduated from college a year ago, but never tried to apply for any grants or scholarships while I was in school. I know that there are huge amounts of money left over every year in unpaid money, that could help lots of students to pay off their loans. I'm wondering if there's any way that I could apply for any of that money. Or is it only possible to do that before you start school or while you're in it? Thx