Question about Aids infection(knife)?!!?

If someone(number1) infected with the HIV virus(let's say its been 4 years since he got the virus) cuts himself with a knife, and then after 5 hours cut someone else with the same knife(number2-someone who does not have AIDS), will number 2 be infected with the virus too??

what if number 1 cuts someone with that knife after 2 days?? or 1 week??!! will number 2 be infected?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Chances are no, not with that scenerio from what I've read. The Aids Virus dies very quickly when expose to the enviroment. Im sure you've heard of police and medical people getting stabbed by needles but thats totally different because the virus can sometimes be inside the needle and the druggy can push the syringe and the virus comes out and directly into the blood stream. If #1 has been taking Aids drugs that would reduce the chances even less, there designed to suppress the virus in his or her blood stream preventing full blown Aids.

• 1 decade ago

I'm not sure about the longevity of the AIDS virus but 5 hours later number 2 would almost definitely be infected. Best idea is not to go cutting people with knives if you know you're HIV-positive.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's a possibility, the likelyhood of infection would decrease the longer the virus was outisde the body, but I don't know enough about it's life expectancy to make any sort of real answer.

But in my book, if it's any sort of exposure whatsoever, i'd test immediately.

• 1 decade ago

if the knife has been thoroughly washed before the cut, then the chance of infection is negligible. Otherwise its pretty good chance that number 2 will get infected. but as the time passes, the chance reduces but not much.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The aids virus dies in seconds in the open air. So no - has to be direct contact.

Hepatitis is a different story.

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It is possible. It isn't 100% either way. If it is you that is no 2, get yourself to the doc and then get tested in three months time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO, the HIV virus dies when it is exposed to air.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

was the knife washed?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You've got AIDS. Beastman AIDS.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.