Whats a good recipe for butter toffee?
- iwonderLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
Best Ever Butter Toffee
2 1/3 cups granulated sugar
2 cups LAND O LAKES® Butter
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
1 cup (6-ounces) semi-sweet or milk real chocolate chips (We recommend NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels)
Butter 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan. Combine all ingredients except nuts and chocolate chips in heavy 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until candy thermometer reaches 300°F or small amount of mixture dropped into cold water forms hard brittle strands (25 to 40 minutes). Stir in 1 cup nuts.
Pour mixture into prepared pan; spread to desired thickness. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot candy; let stand 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate evenly over candy. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool completely (at least 3 hours). Break into pieces. Store in airtight container in a cool dry place up to three weeks.
Makes 5 dozen candies (2 1/4 pounds).
Tips: Test your thermometer in boiling water. If the water boils at a temperature other than 212°F, adjust the temperature accordingly.
If your toffee separates during cooking, carefully and slowly add about 1/2 cup hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stir constantly.
If you prefer a thinner toffee, use two buttered (15 x 10 x 1-inch) pans or cookie sheets and pour half of toffee mixture on each; spread to desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts (1 candy):
Calories: 120, Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 15 mg, Sodium: 45 mg, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g,
Protein: <1 g.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Land O Lakes, Inc.
- busymamaLv 41 decade ago
Chip Nut Toffee
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. semi sweet chop-chip
Butter 8x8 in baking pan. Sprinkle bottom of pan with nuts. IN a heavy pan, melt butter and brown sugar on medium heat. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 min, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Mixture will be very hot! pour mixture over nuts. Sprinkle with choc chips. Cover with tin foil for 2 min. Uncover and spread chocolate over toffee with a spatula. Let cool completely. Break into pieces.
- 1 decade ago
* 1 (10 ounce) package saltine crackers
* 1 cup butter
* 1 cup light brown sugar
* 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet. Line baking sheet with saltine crackers, edges touching.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar and cook until mixture reaches 235 degrees F (112 degrees C) or a small amount of mixture dropped into cold water forms a small ball that flattens when placed on a flat surface. Pour mixture over crackers and spread evenly.
3. Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot toffee. When chips turn glossy, spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle with almonds. Freeze 20 minutes before serving.