How to grow your beard quickly?

A buddy of mine asked several people including me about how to grow beard quickly as he wants to have some hair on his face. He has been wanting to grow his beard but it never appeared on his jaw. He said that he wanted some change to his appearance. Any tips or solutions for my buddy?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Facial hair is all determined by genetics: some people have full beards when they're 15, some never get more than fluff, but most guys are somewhere in between. Generally, facial hair will increase in amount/thickness through the 20s and into the 30s. Shaving will not make hair grow faster or thicker but it can make whatever hair is there look thicker as cutting facial hair gives each hair a blunt end; the effect is only slight though. Basically, you need to have patience and genetics on your side.

Some guys respond to using Minoxidil applied to their beard area. This is a solution usually used for people losing head (crown) hair but it can SOMETIMES make beard growth faster, although it doesn't work for everyone. Check out the beard board website for information and discussions about this and other beard topics (do a web search for "beard board" or go to www dot beardboard dot net). Minoxidil is available in most countries without a prescription and you can get it in various strengths (e.g. 2%, 5% etc.). It's a bit drying on your skin but it may make your beard grow in faster. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

well u cant actually grow it back like that. u usually have to keep shaving and shaving. maybe like a couple years the beard will grow back every couple weeks. hope that helps

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

once again its genetic you sound young give yourself time to grow.If your father has one most likely you will also.But don't expect a full beard until you twenties depending on your genes.

• 1 decade ago

ask him to shave

it will generate more growth as the harmones will be activated

if this doesn't work,

he can make changes in hairstyle!!!

good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

its genetic maybe he should shave and see what happens after that

• i think it depends on your DNA and plain patience.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.