How does color affect the rate of melting of an ice cube?

Hey, I need some help. My brother is doing an experiment on the effect of color on ice. He puts food coloring in an ice cube tray and freezes it to get ice cubes of red, yellow, blue, and green. I think that the blue should melt first, followed by the green, yellow, and finally red. (shortest to longest... show more Hey, I need some help. My brother is doing an experiment on the effect of color on ice. He puts food coloring in an ice cube tray and freezes it to get ice cubes of red, yellow, blue, and green. I think that the blue should melt first, followed by the green, yellow, and finally red. (shortest to longest wavelengths) A regular ice cube of water would probably melt last. However, in our experiment, the red melted first, followed by blue, green, yellow, and the regular ice cube. Can anyone explain what is supposed to melt first and why? Please help! Thanks!
Update: Hey, I need some help. My brother is doing an experiment on the effect of color on ice. He puts food coloring in an ice cube tray and freezes it to get ice cubes of red, yellow, blue, and green. I think that the blue should melt first, followed by the green, yellow, and finally red. (shortest to longest... show more Hey, I need some help. My brother is doing an experiment on the effect of color on ice. He puts food coloring in an ice cube tray and freezes it to get ice cubes of red, yellow, blue, and green. I think that the blue should melt first, followed by the green, yellow, and finally red. (shortest to longest wavelengths) A regular ice cube of water would probably melt last. However, in our experiment, the red melted first, followed by blue, green, yellow, and the regular ice cube. Can anyone explain what is supposed to melt first and why? Please help! Thanks! By the way, I thought colors with shorter wavelengths absorb more heat. So, shouldn't the blue have melted first, followed by green, yellow, then red?