Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

what happens when you are on zoloft and you smoke marijuana?l?

and what happens when you drink alcohal while taking zoloft?

Favorite Answer

You'll be a really happy stoner!

Source(s): I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!!!

Zoloft + Marijuana. From my experience, too much marijuana seems to cancel out the effectiveness of the Zoloft. Frequency and the amount you're smoking will make a big difference here, as will your dosage of Zoloft. I was a daily smoker and on 50mg. I found my depression was much worse when I regularly mixed the two. Just a day or two off from smoking pot, and the Zoloft was working again in full force. Moderation is key.

Zoloft + Alcohol = Wort hangover EVER. A glass or two of wine every now and then is fine, I've never had a problem with that. I got drunk once, and everything was great until I woke up the next morning. I was extremely depressed (lasted for 2 days), had a brutal headache, and was sick to my stomach. I care too much for my liver to do that again!

I'm weaning off of Zoloft after much research into the drug, and into pharmaceutical companies in general. I personally found St. John's Wort to be effective without some of the nasty side effects that Zoloft can bring. Hope this helps a bit.

Zoloft is a drug for depression typically. If you smoke mj or drink, well they're both central nervous system depressants, so you're not getting the benefit of the Zoloft. You may want to take a good look at the question you're asking and figure out if you really want to get better. Some of us don't. Good luck.

If you're on zoloft and marijuana, nothing. Well, outside of the normal effects of marijuana.

And alcohol and zoloft, I wouldn't recommend, you know, operating machinery. The effects of the alcohol might be a little heavier. But it really depends on how much you take. I would recommend reading the labels on the zoloft. It'll give you a warning if you shouldn't drink on them.

I can only answer the alcohol question. Zoloft will increase the effects of alcohol.....substantially in some people. Either don't drink or be very very careful. Limit your intake and drink a lot of water in between drinks. Do Not Drive.

Source(s): Personal experience

you'll get hungry and probably watch some cartoons, all the while giggling and wondering if you really heard someone knocking or not...clinically speaking, though, if you suffer from depression it's not wise to imbibe psychotropic drugs as this could lead to a long term dependence on really good weed!

Source(s): yeah, 1993 to the present day

Yes, I too have heard that they kinda cancel each other out. When my friend mixed the two though, she became kinda manic (she's not bipolar). It was eerie. Guess it depends on your system.

I don't know and I am not going to find out. I can't imaging it to be good tho.

• you go to jail, that's what happens.

you don't do NOTH'N!!!