If you were to tally up your sins numerically(sinces all sins have the same weight) would you go to heaven?

or i guess i should really ask what does it take to be damned to hell and based on that idea where would you honestly go?

also what is a saving grace from going to hell?

Favorite Answer

No, because Heaven doesn't exist. Hell doesn't exist either. When you die, you're just dead.

BTW, you can't really tally up sins. That's because sins aren't really things that are countable. They are really judgements of what is good and bad. Those judgements can vary from person to person. So, your "tally" of which of your actions are sins is different from each person's point of view. The religious books aren't much help in providing a consistent measure of what is a sin or not, because they are self-contradictory and often vague. So, even from a religious yardstick, your tally would vary depending on a person's interpretation and rationalization of the scriptures.

From the perspective of a Loving God there is no such thing as sin. Sin is merely a construct of the human mind. The definition of "sin" has constantly changed according to the whims of society.

From the perspective of a Loving God all choices are evaluated against a single criteria, does this act radiate the Love of the Creator? Loving choices are in accord with God's nature and bring you closer to Him. Fearful choices are not in accord with God's nature and remove you further from him. As God is the source of all Love and Joy in the universe the ultimate punishment is to be removed from his presence.

There is no such place as hell. There is only the joy of God's presence or the journey back to Him. You determine where you are through the choices you make.

In the end though you can rest in peace with the knowledge that God leaves no soul behind and your final destiny is eventual return to the loving arms of the Creator.

Because of Adam and Eve's disobedience, we all inherited the sin nature. We are all sinners. All of us can be homosexuals, murders, fornicators, thieves, adulterers, gossipers, addicts, gluttons or liars. Probably even more than one of those. We all posses this sin nature, which causes us all to be born separated from God and do the things that He has told us not to do..

Jesus came to the earth for the purpose of becoming the blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of our sins. Those of us who will choose Him as our Lord and Savior and repent (which means to turn away from sin), will be given the free gift of forgiveness and eternal life with God.

God doesn't want anyone to be lost. He loves us so much even though we are born sinners. He has provided Jesus’ sacrifice for us while we are still sinners.

Not choosing Jesus is the only way that we remain separated from God. It is then, our job to stay filled with the Holy Spirit that He has given to Christians (those who have accepted Jesus) for the help we need to obey Him. Prayer to Him and obedience is what God has ask us to do for our benefit.

Coming to Jesus for love, leadership and forgiveness is the way to have a better life here, a renewed relationship with God and the promise of Heaven. The only way.

The number of sins you have don't determine whether you go to hell or not. Just 1 sin will send someone to hell. What the deciding factor on your eternal destiny is whether you have put your faith in Jesus Christ or not. If so then you will go to heaven, but if you reject Christ then you go to hell. I will be in heaven as I have accepted Jesus as my personal saviour.

If I were to tally up every sin I've ever committed, I'd have enough to damn a whole nation of people! lol That's why I thank God for Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made on our behalf, so that even though we do sin, we can still be with Him.

yes I would go to heaven.....

what sends a person to hell is Blaspheming of the Holy Spirit, that is when a person flat out Knows the truth and still denies God and His existence all the way to that persons death...then grace has left the building at that point and its too late...

If I had to depend on my own record, no I would not go to heaven. The same thing holds true for all of mankind as we ALL are sinners.

The saving grace is in the Son of God Jesus Christ. His death and resurrection made it possible for my sins and yours to be forgiven and forgotten by God. It is only through Him that we are saved. We can not do it on our own.

All sins do NOT have the same weight.

Mortal sins are theones for which you are not returned to bodily life, in what I interpret Jehovah's ideas to be, and in Catholic terms, means you go to hell, not purgatory.

Venial sins are those that you are NOT automatically condemned for, like white lies, stealing five bucks from mom, etc.

Rape, murder, and maybe even adultery are mortal sins.

Doesn't this depend on your religion? Couldn't a pedophile serial killer get into heaven just by accepting jesus as his lord and savior?

I'm sure some religions use the addition method, but the people who created christianity put the belief as most important.

Let's us say we wanted to bake a chocolate cake. Into the bowl we add flour, milk, coco, sugar, shortening all wonderful ingredients. Then we add the eggs, only one was rotten.. We stir it up and bake it anyway. We take it out and offer it to those we love most. Would you eat it? Would it be fit for anything other than to be thrown out? This is what we do with our lives. We add a lot of wonderful things, love, kindness, charity. But we don't stop with good things we add bitterness, a lie here and there, anger, maybe even some hatred.. We bake this up for 70 years or so and then offer it to He who loves us most, God... With all those "rotten eggs in our cake" Would you want it? Enter Jesus, he removes all that rottenness and makes us clean. Then we get to hear words that would thrill any soul, words I long to hear, words that will be a delight to hear "Well do My good and faithful servant enter in the joy of your Lord"..... Jim