Jesse asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Feet leaving marks on socks?

I have a problem with bad smelling feet. I've looked up questions similar to this but I haven't found anything that applies to me. The thing is, not only do I have smelly feet but i have like a yellow callous that cover the majority of the bottom of both feet. So, when I sweat really bad, which I do all the time, it's leaving dark yellow marks on my socks along with really bad ordor. Anyone have any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

You may actually have a foot fungus, esp if the callouses are leaving yellow marks behind. MAYBE over-the-counter meds will work for you, but you may want to see a dermatologist, podiatrist, or both to make sure there's no underlying medical reason that would only get masked with the 0-T-C meds. They may have to prescribe something for you. After your morning showers, be sure your feet are dry before putting on your socks, even if you have to blow-dry them. Meanwhile, the best foot powder is one by Dr. Scholl's that comes in a yellow container with a curved neck and a flat green cap. Your feet will remain dry and odor-free all day. You'll want to change your socks every single day...no re-using them the next day. That way your feet can start healing and you won't keep reactivating the sweat that already in them.

I'm going to guess your a guy but just the saem if I were you I'd think about getting a pedicure once a week or every two weeks. That would help with the callous thats forming on the bottom of your feet. Just don't get polish ;-)

As far as the stinkyness goes try powder in your socks and shoes. Also make sure you change them after you've been sweating (like when you get home form work).

Go get a pedicure. That will help with the callouses. You may have to go once a month or so but it's worth it. I get a spa pedicure at Regal Nails once a month and it's about $35 which incluides having my nails painted. If you don't get your nails painted, it's about $25 - $30. Check around your town and see what's out there.