How can we change the tax code to ease the burden on our families and promote growth and innovation?

I will be asking questions to help create dialogue around this and many other important topics. Please add me to your Answers Network so that we can exchange ideas about the new generation of challenges that we face and then work together to build a brighter future for all Americans.
Update: Yahoo! Answers Staff note: Yahoo! Answers is a forum for people from all over the world to engage with one another and to find information on topics that interest them. This is not an endorsement. We are not siding with any candidate or party -- in general or for the 2008 US elections. We're hopeful that people... show more Yahoo! Answers Staff note: Yahoo! Answers is a forum for people from all over the world to engage with one another and to find information on topics that interest them. This is not an endorsement. We are not siding with any candidate or party -- in general or for the 2008 US elections. We're hopeful that people from all perspectives will realize the great insights that the Answers community can have, and will turn to us for future discussions.
Update 2: Yahoo! Answers Staff Note: Watch a video of Mitt Romney discussing his tax philosophy. http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=397768
Update 3: I want to thank the more than 12,300 people who took the time to respond to my question. The volume and the exasperation of these answers speak to the unnecessary and stifling burden that our current tax code imposes on the American taxpayer.
12,303 answers 12303