Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

essential tremor?

can a essential tremor that affects the whole body make your muscles tired i am 26 and was born with et and it is from head to toe and slowly getting worse but i have noticed my muscles getting tired not really me just my body needs to rest. and does anybody know how bad this can get

Favorite Answer

Hi Jeanine, today, there are more than 20 different kinds of tremor, so people suffering with ET must be diagnosed carefully.

ET can be involuntary, oscillating, wobbling, rhythm tic, or a movement or shaking of your head, arm, hand, or torso or a combination of these.

It can occur on one side, or both sides of the body. Common types of tremor are: Resting, Postural, Task Specific, Essential and Parkinson’s.

If you have the disorder, seek out a neurologist who has training in this field.

What is the treatment for ET? Please look article:

http://www.askedweb.com/askedweb/Coping_With_Essen...

Jeanine, with a little knowledge and persistence most people suffering from ET can learn to live a normal and productive life.

Jason Homan

Source(s): http://www.askedweb.com/askedweb/Category:Medicine... The AskedWeb.com information portal ... »

I work for the International Essential Tremor Foundation. Essential Tremor (ET) is an action tremor. If your tremor only activates while at rest, it is most likely you do not have ET. Our suggestion is to see a neurologist who specializes in movement disorders for a second opinion. There are more than 14 different types of tremor and only a trained neurologist can make the proper diagnosis and offer treatment options. Good luck to you. Let us know if we can be of any help to you.

ooo that sucks

my mom does research for parkinsons and other neurological diseases and my dads a dr so I know all about this stuff.

The muscle fatigue is typical

ETs can get progressively worse. If you are not already on meds I recommend starting or talking to your doc about upping them.

BEST of Luck