rikki asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Anorexic or Former anorexic people only!?

if ur anti-anorexia, trying to tell me how bad it is, i already know that stuff and i dont care! i just want to hear for people who have had the eating disorder to answer some of my questions..

how fast did u lose weight? did u only lose muscle at first? and if ur no longer anorexic how much weight did u gain back and how fast?

Favorite Answer

Ok well I am anorexic and have been for 4 years and have been in recovery about 3 times.

If you work out you will keep your muscle but you weight loss is less.

In my first two weeks or so I lose the most weight as it goes on longer you loose it more gradually and stable it also depends if you do fasts and your calorie in take.

Hope I helped

luv o0meme0o

well i am currently struggling with anorexia, but am now on the recovery path. i was about 105 when began loosing weight and within the first 6 months got down to the low 80's and then in the next 6 months i got to a low of 74. first you loose all your fat, even every bit of stored fat. then your body begins to work away at your muscles so that's when you start feeling weak. right now, i am at 79 pounds and am on a diet to gain 2 pounds a week. my goal is to be 100 pounds by july 1st.

• Marie

As a (mostly) recovered anorexic, I will not "teach" you how to starve yourself. That's totally wrong. Get some counselling, honey. There's more to life than being thin. If you eat healthy and drink lots of water and exercise, you'll lose weight the right way.

anorexic for 6 months (only ate cereal and water tho but very little; like a hand full every hour)

lost 20 pounds gained back 8 in 4 months

and now im maintaining with 1500 calories daily :)

edit-started out at 120-went down to 100 now currently 108 and im 5'8 and 17 yrs old

i almost died...DONT BECOME ANOREXIC ITS HORRIBLE!

and plus u just dont become anorexic.

Source(s): recovered anorexic =]

i was anerexic for a month when i was 12 and i only lost about 10 pounds in that month. But i gave it up since i was happy with the way i was and i only gained about 10 pounds from when i was twelve but that is 3 years so no biggie. So right now i am 128 pounds since i am really healthy after the way i felt, cause i was a junk food addict and kinda slightly overweight from when i was 9-11, so i became anerexic when i was 12 and didnt like it so ever since then i have only craved healthy things. now that i think about it, my parents never cared if i was a junk food girl or an anerexic girl. oh well, if you are thinking about becoming anerexic, oh and if you are like me, you would probably lose 10 pounds a month like me, i dunno.

Hmmm. Lost the weight moderately i guess (not very fast, not very slowly either). Lost fat and muscle mass evenly i guess, at least it seems like it. I know you don't wanna hear about how bad it is, but i will tell you it makes me feel like crap all the time. Weak, tired, and just flat plain yucky.. I'm sick of the tummyaches. Just try not to do the throwing up stuff, it messes up your teeth.

hmmm. i lost weight quite drastically in a period of three months. i lost both muscle and fatty tissue to the point where you could see my ribs through my shirt. i gained back what was healthy for me, over a period of about five or six months.

you can kick this. i know you can. if you're asking this question for a friend...they can too. but they can't do it on their own. they cna't. you can't. you have to get some help. it needs soo much supervision and controlled verbal usage. really, it does. i know this. you know this. she knows this. he knows this.

tell someone you absolutely trust. the older they are the better. you dont' have to run to your parents or your grandparents if you don't want. the school counselor? maybe? an aunt? a trusted teacher? find SOMEONE and tell them, please.

Lost fast gained 10 lb back slow.

You will lose muscle. At 83 pounds and 5'2 I was the fattest I've been because all I had was fat and not muscle. Anorexia ruined 6 years of my life.

first 2 weeks or so-lost is fasssst.

to gain- took a while, and it was hard.

i dont know if i lost a lot of fat or muscle.. but all i know is that i got really thin and felt sick all the time.

its a tough thing.