wedding invites(names)?

do u put the guys name 1st or the girls

EX. John & Jane Doe or Jane & John Doe

11 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Mr & Mrs...

  • 1 decade ago

    Mr and Mrs John Doe formal

    John and Jane Doe informal

    However people switch it up nowadays just for womens lib or whatever. I like to sometimes put the womans name first just so every once in awhile their name is first on a card I send them but those are like family holiday cards etc. I would put the formal version on a wedding invite unless they were dating and then you put, for some reason ,her name first and then his.

  • 1 decade ago

    I would go with Jane & John Doe.

  • 1 decade ago

    Yes Mr and Mrs or Dr and Mrs or The honorable and Mrs ( in case you are inviting a judge) all this is in etiquette book. I heard though just to be specific about your question that the woman s name is first since one should not disconnect the man s first and last names. But it is irrelevant in formal invitations since you do not list the womans name. IF they are unmarried and living together you simply send each a separate invitation

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Mr. and Mrs. John Doe

  • 1 decade ago

    Formal or not, you can print your invitations any way you like as long as the recipients can identify themselves in the content. All the rest is simply a matter of taste (whether your taste or the author of some wedding etiquette book).

    Besides, if someone is offended by the manner in which you print their names on a WEDDING INVITATION for YOUR WEDDING...

    Then maybe they should stay home anyway.

    It is your day, and while I'm sure you want it to be perfect...

    just like your spouse-to-be, it need not be perfect, just be perfect for YOU.

    P.S.: Congratulations, and good luck! :-)

    Source(s): Been invited to many (and I save the invitations ;-)).
  • 1 decade ago

    If they're married, then it goes "Mr. and Mrs. John Smith" (formal) or John and Mary Smith (informal). If they're living together, then each goes on a separate line, and the woman goes first.

  • Chloe
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    it is usually Mr and Mrs John Doe

  • 1 decade ago

    john & jane doe

    the man always goes first

  • 1 decade ago

    I was told to never seperate a man from his last name. You should put the woman's name first. Ex: Alicia and Matthew White.

  • Tweety
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    With a couple, the man's name goes first.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.