wedding invites(names)?

do u put the guys name 1st or the girls

EX. John & Jane Doe or Jane & John Doe

Favorite Answer

Mr & Mrs...

Mr and Mrs John Doe formal

John and Jane Doe informal

However people switch it up nowadays just for womens lib or whatever. I like to sometimes put the womans name first just so every once in awhile their name is first on a card I send them but those are like family holiday cards etc. I would put the formal version on a wedding invite unless they were dating and then you put, for some reason ,her name first and then his.

I would go with Jane & John Doe.

Yes Mr and Mrs or Dr and Mrs or The honorable and Mrs ( in case you are inviting a judge) all this is in etiquette book. I heard though just to be specific about your question that the woman s name is first since one should not disconnect the man s first and last names. But it is irrelevant in formal invitations since you do not list the womans name. IF they are unmarried and living together you simply send each a separate invitation

Mr. and Mrs. John Doe

Formal or not, you can print your invitations any way you like as long as the recipients can identify themselves in the content. All the rest is simply a matter of taste (whether your taste or the author of some wedding etiquette book).

Besides, if someone is offended by the manner in which you print their names on a WEDDING INVITATION for YOUR WEDDING...

Then maybe they should stay home anyway.

It is your day, and while I'm sure you want it to be perfect...

just like your spouse-to-be, it need not be perfect, just be perfect for YOU.

P.S.: Congratulations, and good luck! :-)

Source(s): Been invited to many (and I save the invitations ;-)).

If they're married, then it goes "Mr. and Mrs. John Smith" (formal) or John and Mary Smith (informal). If they're living together, then each goes on a separate line, and the woman goes first.

• Chloe

it is usually Mr and Mrs John Doe

john & jane doe

the man always goes first

I was told to never seperate a man from his last name. You should put the woman's name first. Ex: Alicia and Matthew White.

• Tweety

With a couple, the man's name goes first.