Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mr & Mrs...

• 1 decade ago

Mr and Mrs John Doe formal

John and Jane Doe informal

However people switch it up nowadays just for womens lib or whatever. I like to sometimes put the womans name first just so every once in awhile their name is first on a card I send them but those are like family holiday cards etc. I would put the formal version on a wedding invite unless they were dating and then you put, for some reason ,her name first and then his.

• 1 decade ago

I would go with Jane & John Doe.

• 1 decade ago

Yes Mr and Mrs or Dr and Mrs or The honorable and Mrs ( in case you are inviting a judge) all this is in etiquette book. I heard though just to be specific about your question that the woman s name is first since one should not disconnect the man s first and last names. But it is irrelevant in formal invitations since you do not list the womans name. IF they are unmarried and living together you simply send each a separate invitation

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Mr. and Mrs. John Doe

• 1 decade ago

Formal or not, you can print your invitations any way you like as long as the recipients can identify themselves in the content. All the rest is simply a matter of taste (whether your taste or the author of some wedding etiquette book).

Besides, if someone is offended by the manner in which you print their names on a WEDDING INVITATION for YOUR WEDDING...

Then maybe they should stay home anyway.

It is your day, and while I'm sure you want it to be perfect...

just like your spouse-to-be, it need not be perfect, just be perfect for YOU.

P.S.: Congratulations, and good luck! :-)

Source(s): Been invited to many (and I save the invitations ;-)).
  • 1 decade ago

If they're married, then it goes "Mr. and Mrs. John Smith" (formal) or John and Mary Smith (informal). If they're living together, then each goes on a separate line, and the woman goes first.

• Chloe
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

it is usually Mr and Mrs John Doe

• 1 decade ago

john & jane doe

the man always goes first

• 1 decade ago

I was told to never seperate a man from his last name. You should put the woman's name first. Ex: Alicia and Matthew White.

• Tweety
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

With a couple, the man's name goes first.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.