Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

how many games do u think the texans will win with matt schaub this year and any improviments you like?

i think we may i mene may go to the playoffs this year because we got all this

4/5/2007 Signed free agent cornerback Jamar Fletcher.

» 4/3/2007 Signed restricted free agent CB Von Hutchins.

» 4/2/2007 Signed exclusive rights free agents WR David Anderson, DT Tim Bulman, DE Earl Cochran, T Scott Jackson, DT Anthony Maddox, DT Alfred Malone, TE Ben Steele and resigned free agent Dexter McCleon.

» 3/27/2007 Signed exclusive right free agents QB Bradlee Van Pelt and RB Chris Taylor.

» 3/26/2007 Matched the offer sheet that restricted free agent FB Vonta Leach signed last week with the New York Giants.

» 3/23/2007 Re-signed RB Ron Dayne and released QB David Carr and RB Domanick Williams.

» 3/22/2007 Completed a trade with the Atlanta Falcons for QB Matt Schaub. The Falcons received Houston's second-round draft picks in the 2007 and 2008 NFL Drafts. The Texans and Falcons also swapped first-round picks in the 2007 draft with Houston moving down two spots to 10th overall, and the Falcons moving up to the eight spot.

» 3/21/2007 Signed free agent LB Shawn Barber. Signed LB Trent Bray and allocated him to NFL Europa.

» 3/20/2007 Released P Cameron Muro

» 3/15/2007 Signed free agent DT Jeff Zgonina.

» 3/12/2007 Re-signed TE Mark Bruener.

» 3/9/2007 Signed free agent T Jordan Black.

» 3/8/2007 Re-signed P Chad Stanley.

» 3/7/2007 Signed free agent LB Danny Clark. Named Frank Pollack assistant offensive line coach.

» 3/5/2007 Signed free agent RB Ahman Green to a contract. Re-signed CB Roc Alexander, DE N.D. Kalu, T Ephraim Salaam and WR Charlie Adams.

» 2/28/2007 Released T Zach Wiegert, DT Seth Payne and WR Eric Moulds.

» 1/25/2007 Named Frank Bush as Texans' senior defensive assistant.

» 1/23/2007 Named Jethro Franklin the defensive line coach. Named Larry Kirksey the wide receivers coach.

» 1/17/2007 Promoted assistant head coach/offense Mike Sherman to assistant head coach/offensive coordinator, and wide receivers coach Kyle Shanahan to quarterbacks coach.

» 1/9/2007 Signed DB Jason Horton to a reserve/future contract.

» 1/8/2007 Allocated G Mike Brisiel, P Cameron Muro, QB Quinton Porter, DB John Walker and WR Harry Williams to NFL Europe.

» 1/2/2007 Signed TE Joel Dreessen and P Cameron Muro to reserve/future contracts.

» 1/1/2007 Signed practice squad players G Mike Brisiel, G Atlas Herrion, C Chris White and WR Harry Williams to reserve/future contracts for the upcoming season. Signed DB John Walker to an extension

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't believe that they have done near enough with that offensive line yet, for them to become a playoff contender. No matter who you put under center, they are gonna get beat up. I say only around five wins.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Well, their gonna be a 4 or 5 win team. Matt Schaub hasn't proven yet that he can be a starting QB. And look at the list of transactions you've got there: the only offensive lineman on that list are practice squad guys. The Texans have the worst offensive line in the league and the GM doesn't seem to care about improving it at all. Matt Schaub isn't as mobile as David Carr, so Texans fans get ready for another season of watching your QB play the game from his back. Its hard to win that way.

• 4 years ago

They are actually my pick for the AFC this year because I think that the Broncos are extremely overrated and the Patriots will be there, but that's because they have a shitey conference. If the Texans can beat them then they can make it. I will say however that the AFC is very very weak compared to the NFC. I think the 49ers, Seahawks, Packers and even the Falcons can beat just about any team from the AFC. I foresee an NFC Super Bowl Winner.

• 1 decade ago

we'll have 9 games in the "W" column. Matt Schaub is an upgrade over David Carr's great, untapped "potential". Most NFL fans just buy into ESPN and remember the Texans with their 2005 season. But remember, with David Carr only throwing like, 2 TD's in the last half of our season, the Texans still won 4 games. With Matt Schaub, we'll have more passing TD's.

Competitors: Titans and Jaguars? We'll destroy Leftwich (again) and Vince Young (he got lucky).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

5-11 6-10(if lucky)

For starters, their OL will be majorly poreous once again. Schaub will struggle under vast pressure.

RB: Chris Taylor, Wali Lundy, Ron Dayne and Ahman Green.

Good luck witht that.......

• 1 decade ago

I think that they will win 9 and maybe get in to the playoffs. I like the improvements that the TEXANS did, they have come along way.With Carr gone to Carolina Panthers, we have a new leader, and Schaub can do it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

7-9

• 1 decade ago

yea too bad that after all those moves you still didn't get any big names to come to houston. i do think that shaub is a betther QB than carr but you still wonm't win more than 5 games this year. better luck next year..... maybe you can actually sign GOOD players

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If they improve the o-line by drafting or trading for a ancor and the defense gels they will be 10-6.

• 1 decade ago

If thier O-line can keep Matt off his behind....i say 9-7 wouldn't be out of reach.....but i think that's the key thing for this team.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.