Should I start Chris Carpenter this week in my fantasy league?

Apr 8 Joe Strauss, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Cardinals SP Chris Carpenter (elbow) will not start Tuesday, April 10, against the Pittsburgh Pirates. He is returning to St. Louis to have an MRI on his ailing right elbow. He had a long-toss session Friday, April 6, with no problems and also tossed from the mound Saturday, April 7. His elbow flared up overnight and he wants to find out the exact nature of the problem. (KFFL)

Favorite Answer

Hopefully you didn't start him. Swelling and pain have returned - he's regressed. And he's skipping the road trip. Here is the info in depth from the source:

http://www.fantasydope.com/dopefantasynews.aspx?id...

If you're sure you can make the playoffs without dropping him, why not keep him. I know we're only a 3rd the way into the season, but if you're dominating... As for the free agent pool, there are alot of nice names out there (ten-team, if not eight-team league, looks like)...(I'm assuming Yahoo league eligiblities, btw)... Chris Duncan jumps out at me. I Really like his productivity, steady productivity. He's 1st base and OF eligible. I'd have already replaced Giambi with him or possibly Adam LaRoche. You said you're also concerned with 3rd base. Casey Blake is a 1st,3rd,OF eligible player who's been a solid and steady contributor. He'd be an ideal backup at 3rd. You mentioned Sosa. He's been great and worth of being off the free agent list. But look at your outfield already. It's unbelievable. Due to your other team needs, I'd feel you'd have to drop Abreu to add Sosa. Are you really ready to replace Bobby Abreu with Sammy Sosa? (Honest question you must ask yourself... if you are indeed ready, just do it.) Good luck.

Well I wouldn't. Chris Carpenter will not start this next start because of what is written up top and so it is a waste. Find a benched pitcher whom you can replace with Carpenter that is actually going to pitch this week.

the Pirates are not a team to be counting out here they are hot to start the season with a solid lineup with laroche sanchez and Bautista so I would not start carpenter in real life and fantasy. Its never good news after an injury that deals with his pitching arm.

Keep him on the bench

Carpenter could be out for a couple more weeks, depending on how his recovery goes. I'd leave him out of your lineup this week, just so you don't get a complete goose egg incase he doesn't pitch at all.

If you can afford it, give him another week. He will be watched close and won't push it. If you are in a weekly lineup league bench him for the week. Otherwise let him start one game and see what the results are.

yes start him hes gonna have a great game this week i gurantee it