Which name? Evan or William? Emmaline or Madeline?

Friends of ours are either naming their baby boy Evan or William if it is a boy, or either Emmaline or Madeline (Maddie) if it's a girl. I personally like Evan and Emmaline (Emma)....What is your favorite boy or girl name out of those choices?

Favorite Answer

I think William for the boy, but evan is cool too. The boy is a toss up for me. Emmaline for the girl and I thought emmaline was pronounced as it is spelled like emma-line but it is pronounced emma-leen so I like it better now. Since I know the last name, I think William goes best with it for the boy. And Madeline sounds cool with the last name, but I still like emmaline.

I like Evan and William. But i like Emmaline better than Madeline

I agree! I like Evan and Emmaline more (though I prefer the spelling of Emmeline. I am just sick of all the "Mad" names, so Emmaline is a refreshing choice. William is nice, but I prefer it in the middle name spot. Maybe Evan William?

Evan and Emmaline

Evan and Emmaline

I like both names, Emmaline and Madeline and also like the name Monet. Monet is French/Greek in origin and I like the variant spelling Monae a bit better, it would be easier for the majority to pronounce correctly. Madeline Monet is very pretty but Emmaline is less popular. You'll have to decide, I think they're both beautiful.

I too prefer Evan and Emmaline. If it were me I wouldn't shorten Emmaline to Emma since Emma is so popular. I would call her Emmaline.

Best of luck to your friends.

Evan and Madeline

I like Evan and Emma

Emmaline looks like Emma Caroline smushed together I Love Madeline too!!

I like Evan and Madeline.