Would you trade Soriano and Carpenter for Dice-K and Beltran?

I already have Webb, Schmidt, Kazmir, and Willis so I don't need Carpenter, but I need power and i dont think soriano is gonna provide that.

Favorite Answer

Not a chance. Soriano is a better fantasy producer than Beltran and a top 5 fantasy player overall. Beltran is very good but he is a bottom of the 2nd/top of the 3rd round pick in most fantasy drafts....Soriano goes from 1st to 5th overall in every draft.

Carpenter is second among fantasy pitchers draftwise and a clearcut 2nd rounder, Dice-K is an unproven commodity and while he may be very good he certainly wont do any better than what Carpenter has already proven he can do. Cant risk an unknown for a proven elite pitcher no matter how much hype comes with him.

Bottom line is Soriano & Carpenter are both better options than the Beltran/Dice-K option so the trade while close isnt close enough.

Historically Soriano has easily outhomered Beltran and playing in the friendly confines of Wrigley with the big bats around him he may hit close to 50 bombs this year but he will at worse hit 35.

No. In terms of overall fantasy production, Beltran is a notch lower than Soriano. In terms of power production, Beltran is far below Soriano. Only twice in his career has Beltran accumulated 30 HRs. Only twice has Soriano FAILED to reach 30 HRs. As for Matsuzaka, let's not overreact from one quality outing against the Royals. Carpenter was the second pitcher taken in most drafts. If you replaced Matsuzaka with Santana, then I'd say do it. Otherwise, you should stick with Soriano and Carpenter.

Beltran is good but not as good as Soriano. No need to trade away Soriano to gain power, it makes no sense.

It seems pretty even I'd do it caz Beltran will have alot better AVG

You would lose stolen bases and homers. Pitchers will probably be less than even. Gain in average though. No I wouldn't.

No. Carpenter is proven.

Hell No

no