Is TAP (Tuition Assistance Program, NY) on the top of Federal aid?

I got a TAP application and I have to fill it out and send by May 1. I

already applied for FAFSA earlier and I was thinking whether TAP has any connection with Federal aid. If I get Federal aid for tuition, will I still get TAP? I found that I qualify for TAP award.

Favorite Answer

If you got a TAP application, you have to fill it out and send by May 1. FAFSA will need the details ASAP.If you get TAP then FAFSA will not apply.However FAFSA will support an application for award in the absence of TAP providing the application is made in good time.

TAP acts in conjunction with the total federal financial aid you receive. Get on the stick and get that filed, that is an absolute deadline and if you miss it you lose the TAP.

Source(s): I am a financial aid counselor of 23 years experience.

yes fill it out and send it in. you will get more money!!!