george asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Jose Reyes or Derek Jeter?

from my view reyes is a ton better. Jeter doesnt even match up. to start off, people say jeter is a proven winner, but that doesnt make any sense when u look at the teammates he has had over the years. hes always had people to create big situations for him to come through in. Now if you look at reyes, he is a leadoff hitter. he creates every big situation on the mets. hes got the average, the power, and the speed. my point is that if the yankees didnt have jeter they would still win about 90 games. for the mets, if they didnt have reyes, they would be a .500 team.

to my question now, in ur opinion who is the better player, Reyes or Jeter?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Jose Reyes is the most exciting player in the game today and he is an absolute stud (arguably with Grady Sizemore also). Reyes has SICK defense with the strongest arm in the game at SS (maybe 2nd to Furcal its close), his baseball instincts are just absolutely stunning (alot like Jeter), he can hit for average, has a ton of power, will steal 60+ bases guaranteed, and just is absolute beast all around in the game. There is absolutely no comparison RIGHT NOW its hands down Reyes. Jeter is a great player but he is not nearly as talented, and also Jeters range to his left is pathetic and diminishing as we speak. Jeter has done it in baseballs toughest venue and has been a huge part of their success, but ppl credit him WAY to much, the Yanks wouldnt have skipped a beat w/o him. Its impossible to describe the greatness of Jose Reyes. A stat was given on MikeandMike in the morning, the most R's scored in the modern era (World Series era) is 177. The most by any player in recent memory (1970 and above) was Jeff Bagwell with like 159. Reyes will score at least 150-170 runs guaranteed, that is an absolutely ridiculous stat. Also, if you listen to Peter Gammons he will say this, if you took Reyes stats from last season, no one in the history of the game has done what he did last season. His avg, HR's, RS, RBI, SB, OBP - its just absolutely ridiculous and he is not even close to peaking yet. This is from an avid Houston Astros fan, i hate competing against him but LOVE watching him play from the viewpoint of just a pure baseball fan.

• 1 decade ago

Jose Reyes is the most exciting player in the game today and he is an absolute stud (arguably with Grady Sizemore also).Jose Reyes is younger has more speed than anyone in the league will accomplish more for a 23 year old he won the triple crown twice and won the stolen base crown twice. Reyes has SICK defense with the strongest arm in the game at SS (maybe 2nd to Furcal its close), his baseball instincts are just absolutely stunning (alot like Jeter), he can hit for average, has a ton of power, will steal 60+ bases guaranteed, and just is absolute beast all around in the game. There is absolutely no comparison RIGHT NOW its hands down Reyes. Jeter is a great player but he is not nearly as talented, and also Jeters range to his left is pathetic and diminishing as we speak. Jeter has done it in baseballs toughest venue and has been a huge part of their success, but ppl credit him WAY to much, the Yanks wouldnt have skipped a beat w/o him. Its impossible to describe the greatness of Jose Reyes. A stat was given on MikeandMike in the morning, the most R's scored in the modern era (World Series era) is 177. The most by any player in recent memory (1970 and above) was Jeff Bagwell with like 159. Reyes will score at least 150-170 runs guaranteed, that is an absolutely ridiculous stat. Also, if you listen to Peter Gammons he will say this, if you took Reyes stats from last season, no one in the history of the game has done what he did last season. His avg, HR's, RS, RBI, SB, OBP. He is a great player overall might be better than ricky henderson in a couple of years as a lead off man for the mets the mets have power, with beltran delgado , wright, thay have avg. loduca beltran, wright, they have speed reyes wrigt beltran and they have fun and enjoy there team together!!!!!!!

• 1 decade ago

Im so sorry but I vote for Derek Jeter. Jeter is on the greatest baseball team of all time because they have won the World Series 26 times. The New York Yankees are so much better then the Mets. I know that the Mets reached a higher place in the playoffs, but the Yankees are the greatest team of all time. Sorry kid but you chose a weaker team and player. Also Derek Jeter made Mlb 2k7 2 years in a row and Reyes hasen't even made 1 box. LOL you are not really good at picking stuff.

• 1 decade ago

i didnt read any of the other answers but all I can say is this. If im starting a team and I have a choice between reyes or jeter, im taking reyes all day. The guy is a freak of nature and can steal a base on demand. And the power numbers arent bad for a leadoff guy. He is good defensively, but speed to me is something you cant teach.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Jose Reyes is a new and exciting player to watch. Sure Jeter is still int he hearts of New Yorkers, and is greast in the clutch with both his bat and glove, but as he get closer to retirement, Reyes will be his successor. Not many people can leg out two triples in a game!

Mets fans rejoice!

• Derek Jeter

• 1 decade ago

Derek Jeter...without a doubt....he is 100% better than Jose Reyes. He has tons of power and is a great clutch hitter. He has great skill and talent. He is a great person in general and cares passionately about his fans. Jeter is my favorite Yankee player!! GO JETER!!! GO YANKEES!!!

• 1 decade ago

Jeter, by far. Your argument is slanted towards the player more valuable to their team, but as far as skills, Jeter is ahead of Reyes by quite a ways.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jeter by far Reyes sucks!!

• 1 decade ago

Reyes, he is only 23, this guy can become a 30/30 guy in the near future.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.