MS Word problem: after saving document, Comments now say they're from "Author" instead of "Jane Doe"

So I'm editing this document, and noting my comments using the reviewing features in Word, specifically Track Changes and Commenting. When I add the comments, they say "Jane Doe 4/7/07 1:40PM" (okay so that's not my real name, but you get the picture). After I save the document, however, the comments say "Author 4/7/07 1:40PM". I've never had this happen before. What gives? I need the comment to have my name, so it's clear that I'm the one who made them. Anybody know why this is happening?

The suggestion from the first two responses isn't working. :( Any other ideas?

Favorite Answer

Find the documents icon and then right click it. Once you right click it, choose properties and then click summary.

Then change whatever info you need to change and dont forget to click ok and/or save. That should do it.

Sometimes if you or someone downloaded stuff or even opened someone elses file it can happen. Good luck!

Right Click on File, Properties, Summery, Change The Author to What ever you want