what is the true meaning of the Rammstein song Du Hast???

i am so confused, i cant speak german. and i have been told that when it translates into english it changes the words. and that it could be both a love song and a hate song. and it also could be that he is asking a girl to profess her love for him.

am i wrong? what is the meaning (german speakers wanted too)

Favorite Answer

Its a love song. Du Hast Mich means You have me. if it was Du Hasst mich that would mean You hate me. but since its Hast. that makes all the diffence and the other tracks on that cd deals with love.

They put an english version of that song on the CD when it first came out, I still have it. It does mean You hate me, but I can't remember what the rest of the song says. What I do remember is that it's so incredibly simple that I think it sounds much better in German.

The words have different meanings depending on in which context they are said. wikipedia has a good site on the song that may help you out

I believe it means You Have Me as in she possesses him.

Aber ich weiß nicht! Macht nichts... Es ist nur ein Leid...

Don't get so worked up, only a song, not the end of this world man... Hab kein Angst... Gib nicht so an.

• kaiser

you have me, is the meaning for this music. the full music is a play on German wedding ceremony vows. The refrain ("Willst du, bis der Tod euch scheidet, treu ihr sein für alle Tage?") interprets to "do you prefer, till loss of existence separates you all, to be dedicated to her perpetually?" as a replace of answering with "ja" ("confident"), the singer says "nein" ("no"), finally breaking his silence till now interior the music: "Du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt", which interprets to "You asked me, and that i mentioned no longer something."

You don't want to know.

It does'nt sound as good if you understand the lyrics, because they're stupid, and you would be asking yourself " why did they bother to record that dumb@ss song?

You have (pronounced the same as hasst (hate))

You have

You have me (same pronunciation as "You hate me")

You have me asked

You have me asked

And I have said nothing

And I have said nothing (Und ich hab nichts gesagt)

It means you hate me, atleast thats what i have been told