Anonymous

How Can I get my german foreign exchange student to stay?

Ok I have my friend, Daniel, and he is from germany and he is in the US as a foreign exchange student. Me and his host family want him to stay, the only thing is we dont know how to. They could either adopt him, but that cost to much. They could guardian ship of him which were not to sure how that would go. or he can get his visa but theres that huge chance that he may not get it, and he doesnt even know where to get the forms for it. So if you could help me here. Like maybe a website that would help or someplace where I can go. Thankyou and god bless you.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is a difficult situation.. Most of the programs that bring students into the USA require that the student return home at the end of the program.. Some even require that they buy a round trip ticket when they come to the US. In the time since Sept. 11, 2001...more and more immigration laws have been instituted to control and monitor the whereabouts of all immigrants... and the exchange students are included...

We had a student who wanted to remain in the US.. She had to return home first and then she was able to come back here.. She went home, tied up all of her loose ends.. said Good-Bye to her family and friends and made her way back to the US.. She is a successful musician in New York City now..

Every country has different requirements and her family did a lot of the groundwork for her to be able to come back so quickly..

Unless your friend is 18 or 'of age'... he will have to have his parents permission to return to the states.. Continuing his education here is another great way to extend his stay here... There are many college programs available to foreign students...

The Immigration Service office in your area will have all of the information and requirements that need to be met... Check out all of his options.. see which ones will be most feasible to him to attain...

Lots of information and forms are available at the website listed below...

Source(s): www.uscis.gov
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He can stay for 3 months at a time. Otherwise, he can get a student visa by proving his financial capacity to take care of the bill. Does HE want to stay?

• landin
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

A visa you may desire to comprehend is an invite or value ticket quantity on your authorization to stay. interior u.s. while a foreigner applies for visa he/she desires to offer documentation in evidence with regard to the visa. to illustrate if he/she got here in decrease than an H-a million H-2 (visitors/organization visa). they could desire to offer solutions to questions to in spite of in the event that they have kinfolk interior u.s. and a itinerary as to what their reason or plans in the U. S. is. it is barely for the customer’s visa. it may desire to be distinctive for a forex visa. yet a forex is probable resembling a F-a million or F-2 student visa. If in the process the issuance of the visa that's found with extra desirable analyze that he/she misrepresented info on their purposes the U.S. branch of state has finished top to revoke the visa. Even in the region that they are in the rustic. In each college there exist immigration medians very almost like officers that shop song of scholars. while a student has something that comes up which contains a revoke of visa the USCIS contacts this median to touch the student. based on the situations they could could desire to look earlier a choose or listening to to verify the result. If she/he has scientific desire it may desire to postpone deportation yet a voluntary departure could be asked. There is additionally different themes which includes political themes along with his u . s . and so on…

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe he can transfer schools.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if he gets married then he should be able to stay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.