I need to know...?

Ok, can someone tell me where I can find a website (for free) that would give me a quote on the price of a mechanic? Or, better yet, if you know... how much would it cost (I know you need details) but off the top of your head for a mechanic to diagnos a problem dealing with the transmission and clutch. Also, if transmission or clutch work were to be done, about how much would that cost? Thanks

Favorite Answer

Go to Cartalk.com and look in their mechanics files. They have a list of mechanics that have been recommended by listeners of the show. I'll give you the direct link. You should be able to find a good mechanic there that’s not going to rip you off and give you a good estimate.

http://cartalk.com/content/mechx/

Clutch and transmission work can vary. anywhere from 300 all the way up to 4000 depending on what work is needed for the transmission repair. Clutch and labor is often around 400.

Source(s): 16 years restoring and repairing classic cars. 20 years automotive repairs.

In every town there is one shop out there that does free estimates.. if your car/truck can make it there.. Look it up in the phone book and they will get you the best price for your area.. You are going to have problems getting the right price when they are not seeing it.. Good luck tho