alet asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Does Microsoft Office 2007 work in Windows XP?

Could anyone pls tell me if the new Microsoft Office 2007 work in Windows XP as I am planning to purchase one? I currently have Office XP installed but I am planning to uninstall it and install the new Office 2007.

Do you think this is possible? Is 2007 compatible with XP OS?

Thanks.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It works with XP with Service Pack 2 at least, XP Media Center, XP x64, windows 2003 Service Pack 1 at least and Windows Vista. To get the full potential from the search function implemented in Office 2007 Suite you'll need to install the live search engine for XP/2003 (available for download on microsoft's website). It's included by default in Vista.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does Microsoft Office 2007 work in Windows XP?

Could anyone pls tell me if the new Microsoft Office 2007 work in Windows XP as I am planning to purchase one? I currently have Office XP installed but I am planning to uninstall it and install the new Office 2007.

Do you think this is possible? Is 2007 compatible with XP OS?

Thanks.

Source(s): microsoft office 2007 work windows xp: https://shortly.im/Y1fKN
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, it is possible to run the new Microsoft Office 2007 Edition under Windows XP. However, you may want to go to Microsoft Update, and get all the available updates in order for all of the Office components to run smoothly on your PC. What is best too, is that if you get a copy of the software, it is also compatible with the new Windows Vista, so in case you upgrade in the future, your Office software is compatible with it too.

Also, check to see if your Office XP applies for an upgrade, that way, you can get the new Office at a lower price in exchange for the old Office XP software you have.

• 1 decade ago

I'm running XP Pro Media Center edition, with Office 2007, no problem

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes, it does work with XP. Any Microsoft Office works with Windows 98 or higher, I think. But they're a little expensive to get.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, why don't you download a free 60 day trial from the microsoft Web site.

You may also want to try Open Office, this is a better, free alternative to Microsoft Office (which is not free).

• 1 decade ago

Yes. I'm running it on XP no problem.

• 1 decade ago

yes it's worth it

• 1 decade ago

yes

• 1 decade ago

No No No

Everything you run on XP crashes, sooner or later.

Try Ubuntu, www.ubuntu.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.