Can my ex, who shares joint custody of my kids, move them out of state without my consent? I live in Arizona.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on the state that you live in. Most courts will allow the other parent to move if it provides a better job or if there is family ties in the state the person is moving to.

You will have to call the family court in your state to see if there are restrictions

• Login to reply the answers
  • Tony S
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

That depends on your Divorce Degree. If your ex has primary custody and your paperwork does not state that they have to get your consent, then your ex is within their rights. Get your degree out and start reading, good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He needs your permission. Talk to a lawyer just in case something happens, cause looks like he will.

• ahhee
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

he's incorrect on that. the two one in all you will desire to bodily write out and sign and date a paper asserting that it incredibly is happy with the the two one in all you on your ex to flow away your son along with his chum. you will additionally would desire to get the paper notorized. it incredibly is the only criminal way i understand of without going to court docket.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It would depend on what was in your divorce decree but in most cases no, he can't. He would have to have your permission. Otherwise it would be kidnapping.

• 1 decade ago

Not if you advise your lawyer and put a stop to it...you will have to go to court....get busy if you don't want to lose your kids.

be cool...

• 1 decade ago

Probably not. Are there any stipulations in your divorce decree?

• 1 decade ago

No!! If you don't want him to then take him to court.

• 1 decade ago

no you would have to give her/him the go ahead and if he/she did you can take him/her to court

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont think so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.