Best procedure for vacum food marination?

I have a Food Saver and use one of the canisters for marination pulling a vacum on it. Do you think it's better to just pull the air out once or cycle it through a couple of times? We used to use a professional vacum marinator when I worked in the kitchen (a tumbler). But I don't remember if it... show more I have a Food Saver and use one of the canisters for marination pulling a vacum on it.

Do you think it's better to just pull the air out once or cycle it through a couple of times?

We used to use a professional vacum marinator when I worked in the kitchen (a tumbler). But I don't remember if it cycled the vacum or just pulled a vacum once.

Seems to me it would marinate better if you cycled through. Pulling the air out of the meat, releasing the vacum and letting the marinate get into the open pores of the meat.
1 answer 1