Why do guys like stockings and garter belts?

I always were stockings, they are really comfortable, I like to wear skirts, and I think they are more classy then bare legs. Well anyway, I was on a date with this guy, it was windy, and my skirt kinda blew up over my head, it was really embarressing, but he thought it was sexy ?? What is so sexy about stockings... show more I always were stockings, they are really comfortable, I like to wear skirts, and I think they are more classy then bare legs. Well anyway, I was on a date with this guy, it was windy, and my skirt kinda blew up over my head, it was really embarressing, but he thought it was sexy ?? What is so sexy about stockings ? He says most guys like stockings.

Is this true and why do guys like stockings and garter belts ?

Thanks for your help :)
Update: I am actually wating to have sex, until I get married, so it isn't a sexual thing, they are just more comfortable then tights, so....
Update 2: Are you people saying he thought I looked like a whore ?! People in the 30s, 40s, and 50s wore them, how did they turn into a slutty thing ?!