Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

Do you make alot of money in marketing??

at first i wanted to major advertising, but alot of ppl have been telling not to go that path. So how about marketing? or any other suggestions..?? I like doing creative things or i want to do something like do tech for tv and movies. or a tv programmer.

plz answer anypart of the question..im only a sophomore in highschool

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I go to UW-Madison. The average marketing major will make about $40-43k their first year right out of college. The figures are probably higher if you live on the east or west coast.

One thing to keep in mind about marketing is that some people really hit it big while other people don't. For example, if you go into sales you might pull $500k-1million a year if you're really good. If you have another job that is straight commission, you might live in poverty.

What you really want to do is work on packaging or branding. That is steady and high pay. I worked at Procter & Gamble last summer. That company is considered #1 for marketing. Try to get an internship there.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Get Paid From Surveys - http://OnlineSurveys.iukiy.com/?zvkD
  • 1 decade ago

The first answer is you are still young, and don't be surprised if you change your mind three times before college, and change your majors two times in college.

The second answer is: pay depends on who you work for and who their customers are.

Don't listen to what other people tell you, you need to follow your heart. If you still have interest in advertising 3 years from now, go after it with all your heart!

• 3 years ago

#1 Paid Online Surveys - http://OnlineSurveys.uzaev.com/?qlmB

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.