Help me get rid of this BOT Program that somehow got downloaded.?

I was on a chat room and made the mistake of accidentally clicking the mouse on a link that was in the body of the chat and now I am plagued with a ROBOT result that makes it sound like I am a pervert and am advertising smutt stuff. HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS PROGRAM.......Any suggestions???? Please help me.

Best Answer

Download the following five programs:

1) CCleaner <www.ccleaner.com> does an excellent job cleaning up temporary internet files, cookies, temp files, recycle bin, and prefetch folder.

2) If you don't have an antivirus program, EITHER AVG <free.grisoft.com> and Avast <avast4home.com> -- only install ONE.

3) Hitman Pro <www.hitmanpro.com> will let you automatically install, update, and run in Safe Mode many of the best free and free-to-try antispyware programs all with one click, including Spybot Search & Destroy, Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE, SpywareBlaster, Ewido, and free trials of Webroot Spysweeper and PCTools SpywareDoctor. The free version of Spybot Search & Destroy allows autoupdates, but Hitman Pro helps in keeping the others up to date with one click.

4) Winsockfix <http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4372.html> which is used to fix your internet connectivity if cleaning up malware breaks your internet connection.

5) Hijackthis <www.merijn.org> which catalogs the places programs (both legitimate and malicious) are usually found, so that an expert can tell you if there's anything nasty remaining.

First, run CCleaner to clean out temporary files. In the Advanced section only check off "Old Prefetch data". Then click on Issues and scan for issues. Have it fix them all and make backups in case something gets erased that shouldn't (although I've never had problems with CCleaner's issue fixes). Then Scan for issues again until you get "No issues found". Then click on Tools and uninstall programs you don't want, and while in Tools click on Startup to remove things you don't want starting automatically. If you're unsure what you need to keep you can google for advice or email me with your questions.

Then update your antivirus program and then reboot into Safe Mode to run a full scan, then reboot after cleaning up what it found.

Then run Hitman Pro with the Safe Mode box checked. Reboot after cleaning up what it found.

Now run Hijackthis with the "Scan and Save Logfile" button, and email me the hijackthis.log, and I can advise you if there's any malware still there.

If your internet connection isn't working after removing malware, run Winsockfix.

have you ever tried booting into risk-free mode then operating anti virus? Then re-starting up the gadget regularly. this can provide Norton get admission to to information that it regularly cant get at because domicile windows makes use of them in generic mode. some viruses use those information.

Try downloading windows defender, It is a search and destroy type anti spyware/malware program that is available free from microsoft. You can access the download at http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/s...

Good Luck!

use adawarese