What's an appropriate gift for a friend's baby's christening?

It's their first and I already gave them a baby shower gift.

Best Answer

If you are not a god-parent....skip the cross, bible, and the traditional GOD PARENT chiristening gifts. Instead get something more along the lines of a baby shower gift.

How about a diaper cake?? What about several board books?? A money offering?? These are all great gifts!!

Well bring a bottle of wine you need it to do the christening and then you swing it and break it on the baby ummmm no I think that is christening of a boat? Ops! Let me see um, well I'm not Catholic so I really have no idea? You can give them enough money to buy a new Italian sport car? i know it might seem a bit soon but I'm sure the baby will enjoy it once it's 16 or old enough to drive it.

My little boy was just baptized in March and my aunt and uncle gave him a really cool book called "Give Me Grace" by Cynthia Rylant, my aunt said they got it at Barnes and Nobles. It is a hardboard book that has a prayer for each day of the week with really neat illustrations. It is a really beautiful book. They wrote him a personal message on the inside cover too.

You're not obligated. :) But if you /want/ to give a gift it's usually along the lines of a small ammount of money or flowers. Things like that. Maybe a baby blanket.

If she's had a shower then chances are she's got all her "gear". Traditionally at baptisms and christenings silver spoons and silver baby cups were given. Although nowadays I think a mom would prefer a cute outfit.

Source(s): mom of 3(4 in june)

Usually a keepsake item is best. Baby name bracelet for a girl. Siver hairbrush or baby spoon with baby's name and birthday engraved on it. Personalized baby blanket again with baby name and bithday. Just to name a few.

A nice silver-looking frame to display a picture of the occasion.

We got a few savings bonds for our baby at his baptism. Money to go towards his/her college fund is good too.

an inexpensive outfit for the baby, but too large so it will fit when the baby's older. they grow so fast and need clothes all the time.

a bible, a tiny cross, receiving blanket, $ in a card,

child prayer book