Would it be worth my while to sell my baseball card collection?

I have not yet decided whether this is a good idea, so maybe some further information might help. I have a fairly large baseball card collection, most of which was acquired during the 1980s and '90s. The bulk of it is Griffey, Frank Thomas, Chipper Jones and whomever else were the stars of the day. There are... show more I have not yet decided whether this is a good idea, so maybe some further information might help. I have a fairly large baseball card collection, most of which was acquired during the 1980s and '90s. The bulk of it is Griffey, Frank Thomas, Chipper Jones and whomever else were the stars of the day. There are some older cards, as well as some newer inserts and autographs. According to the price guides, my collection is worth several thousand dollars. Could I expect to actually sell the collection for that amount? And if so, what would be the best, easiest and most lucrative means?