How can u tell the difference between the stomach flu, cramps and a stomach ach?

my stomach has been hurting but i think its cramps..but im not sure? so how do u know the difference..and for the stomach flu how do u need to it is before u throw up? thanks

Favorite Answer

there is actually really no way to know until it is over. some flues going around this year had no fever. some had only throw up some had it coming out of both ends. some just diarerre. We have had them all. headaches ear aches. And they did not come all at once was over a 2 month span. I had a 4 year old and had to wash the bed atleast 4 times a day. What ever you do . do not try to stop it with meds. if it is food poisioning. you must let it run its course you don't not want it in your blood stream.

Well, a stomach flu will be accompanied with a fever around 100F, a headache, diarrhea, and nausea. If it's stomach cramps, it could be caused by a wide range of things from constipation, toxic shock syndrome(only if you're a woman, i don't know), food allergies, drug allergies, the list goes on and on and on.... If the symptoms are severe, I highly recommend seeing your doctor or going to the ER if it gets too severe.

Source(s): www.webmd.com