Elvis Presley or Little Richard?

In my ever so humble opinion, I believe that Little Richard is the True King Of Rock and Roll and that Elvis was basically a clone, created to take the "race music" of the time to the white kids for the almighty dollar. I know this is not a popular idea.

What think ye?

Favorite Answer

I like the way Richard himself put it: "Elvis was the King - I was the Architect of rock & roll!"

There's no reason to choose, however. Little Richard came straight out of the post-war jump blues and R&B scene and brought it that sound to a new, supercharged level. Check out Wynonie Harris, Roy Brown, Joe Lutcher, etc. to hear his wonderful antecedants.

Elvis listened to those guys, too, but also brought in Dean Martin, white Gospel and country music as influences. I have said for years that Elvis's great talent was a synthesizer for all these disparate musics - black and white - that he loved. He found a way to meld them all together to create something new. Elvis's looks, moves, voice and taste were a hugely appealing package for fans and media of the time and did enormous amounts to spread the word of rock and roll.

Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry were better songwriters. Little Richard was outrageous with a big voice. Jerry Lee Lewis was dangerous on the keyboard. Bo Diddley turned the blues into catchy rock songs. All of them, including Elvis, brought something unique to the table that helped rock and roll develop into the world beating music it became.

If "That's Alright Mama" and "Milk Cow Blues Boogie" and "Mystery Train" and "Baby Let's Play House" don't move you, that's your loss. Listen without prejudice.

Well Elvis released an album and performed and was "discovered" before Little Richard. Little Richard was very popular with the white kids as well. They both sang two different types of Rock Elvis was more Honky Tonk and Country, Little Richard sang more on a Piano/Rock/R&B end and of course at that time blacks liked R&B exclusively and whites liked Rock exclusively. Racism was still prevelant at the time. As far as who was more musically inclined I would say they were both unique and evenly matched and defined a whole genre of music. Does Elvis get more Publicity of course when you get the tag as the "King" what do you expect. Me personally I like Little Richard more but thats just my opinion.

For wild rock R&R.then it's no contest.Little Richard. Elvis was rather a well managed manufactured singer,but to whom we possibly wouldn't have the best ever decade of music.Elvis also had a fantastic voice.

If I had to sit for a few hours just listening to one of those two,then,Elvis (pre army) but for a few tracks,then Little Richard

Jerry Lee for me though

Elvis Presley was the One who pushed the Limits of Rock 'n' Roll. He was the one who brought it to it's popularity in the 50's. If it wasn't for him we would all still be listening to Pat Boone.

I can see your point but how many Little Richard songs can you name off the top of your head v/s Elvis.

• Hard question really because I love them both, but Elvis has the edge for look's and movement & THAT voice.

Chuck Berry is the true king

Neither boi y did you even ask that question das maddd old skooo

Source(s): my brainnnnnnnn nd da radio