Sondra asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Dingo Dog treats recall?

Eight In One Announces Nationwide Recall of All Lots of Dingo(R) CHICK'N JERKY Treats for Dogs, Cats and Ferrets

CINCINNATI-(Business Wire)-March 31, 2007 - Eight In One, Inc., a division of United Pet Group, Inc., is voluntarily recalling nationally all lots of Dingo(R) CHICK'N JERKY treats due to Company concerns that the jerky treats have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, which can cause serious infections in dogs and cats, and, if there is cross contamination, in people, especially children, the aged, and people with compromised immune systems. The Food and Drug Administration is aware of this recall.

The products affected were sold at Target, PetSmart and other retailers. The products subject to this voluntary recall are Dingo CHICK'N JERKY 3.5 oz. and 8 oz. for dogs and Dingo Kitty CHICKEN JERKY 1.5 oz. for cats and Dingo Ferret CHICKEN JERKY 1.5 oz for ferrets.

Laboratory testing has shown that some samples of these chicken jerky treats were contaminated

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As you have probably heard – there is a major pet food recall taking place. Many leading pet foods have been affected and several pets have died as featured in this recent news article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17650075/from/ET/

Find your pets food and treats and see if wheat, corn, or by-products are listed in the ingredients. If so, discard the products immediately.

Today, Americans are constantly being mislead by clever marketing tactics regarding which food is best for their pet. For example, have you ever heard of the following pet foods that are now being recalled for harming pets?

Dog foods currently being recalled:

America's Choice; Preferred Pets; Authority; Award; Best Choice; Big Bet; Big Red; Bloom; Bruiser; Cadillac; Companion; Demoulas Market Basket; Fine Feline Cat; Shep Dog; Food Lion; Giant Companion; Great Choice; Hannaford; Hill Country Fare; Hy-Vee; Key Food; Laura Lynn; Loving Meals; Main Choice; Mixables; Nutriplan; Nutro Max; Nutro Natural Choice; Nutro; Ol'Roy; Paws; Pet Essentials; Pet Pride; President's Choice; Price Chopper; Priority; Publix; Roche Bros; Save-A-Lot; Schnucks; Springsfield Pride; Sprout; Stater Bros; Total Pet; My True Friend; Western Family; White Rose; Winn Dixie and Your Pet.

It's time to stop trusting the well being of your pet to just anyone who makes a pet food. If you are feeding commercially prepared pet foods, you need to listen closely.

Did you know that the FDA does not regulate the pet food industry?

Did you also know that most commercial pet foods are made from less than human quality ingredients.

Did you know that most pet foods bought in the store have been sitting around for as long as 18 months before you buy it?

Did you know that dogs and cats have the genetic potential to live 20 - 25 years but we are robbing those years from their lives with cheap pet foods.

Here are just a few of the procedures that we follow to provide your pet with a safe and nutritious product.

I have found a great alternative to all the brands carried in all the local stores. I have recently switched my dog over to this food and have seen a great improvement the last month or so. The food is Life’s Abundance.

This is some of the information I can provide for the food. You can read and hear more about it at http://www.HealthyPetFoodBiz.com

All the products are manufactured in a USDA facility.

All of the ingredients are individually inspected for human quality and carry the APHIS certification (a European standard for human quality ingredients)

Every vendor must supply an 'assurance statement' with each shipment. This statement must provide nutritional quality of ingredient provided AND must state it is free from any mold, bacteria, and so forth.

Dr. Jane has the ingredients tested AGAIN before manufacturing to make sure the quality is as stated AND it meets her standards

The product is tested 3 times during the manufacturing process - to again assure everything is 'as it should be'.

The product is tested again after manufacturing and again when it arrives at the warehouse.

One bag of food is kept at the warehouse - from each batch - to test in case a Customer has a problem or concern with the product. Each 'one bag' from each batch is kept for 1 full year.

The products are shipped directly from HealthyPetNet's warehouse to the Customer - no middleman warehousing (concerns of proper storage and pest control).

Sincerely,

David Tantanella

email: David@betterhealthnet.com Toll Free Number: 1-877-726-06

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Dingo Dog Treats

• barcik
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Dingo Treats

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Dingo Dog treats recall?

Eight In One Announces Nationwide Recall of All Lots of Dingo(R) CHICK'N JERKY Treats for Dogs, Cats and Ferrets

CINCINNATI-(Business Wire)-March 31, 2007 - Eight In One, Inc., a division of United Pet Group, Inc., is voluntarily recalling nationally all lots of Dingo(R) CHICK'N JERKY...

Source(s): dingo dog treats recall: https://bitly.im/P3fVz
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://biturl.im/aU7mQ

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

A dog should be trained on how to eat, walk with you, not to bark, potty training and sleep on its place etc. You can teach anything to your puppy, dogs get trained easily with some good instructions. If you want some good training tips visit https://tr.im/xtop4

If properly trained, they should also understand whistle and gesture equivalents for all the relevant commands, e.g. short whistle or finger raised sit, long whistle or flat hand lay down, and so on.

It's important that they also get gestures and whistles as voice may not be sufficient over long distances and under certain circumstances.

• 1 decade ago

On the link I read from the FDA website it said they had only had one reported case of a dog getting sick from those treats, but they were recalling all of them just for safety reasons. I can't find the link right now, but I posted it in another answer yesterday.

• 1 decade ago

If there were something wrong with them my parents' puppy would be dead by now because those are the only treats we have been giving her since we got her and there's nothing wrong with her. My older dog has even eaten a few and she's fine too. You shouldn't worry about them.

• 4 years ago

A dog should be trained on how to eat, walk with you, not to bark, potty training and sleep on its place etc. You can teach anything to your puppy, dogs get trained easily with some good instructions. If you want some good training tips visit https://tr.im/doglessons

If properly trained, they should also understand whistle and gesture equivalents for all the relevant commands, e.g. short whistle or finger raised sit, long whistle or flat hand lay down, and so on.

It's important that they also get gestures and whistles as voice may not be sufficient over long distances and under certain circumstances.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Basic Dog Training Tips http://DogTrainingClasses.emuy.info/?luoU
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.