Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 decade ago

Places to go/things to do cheaply over easter holiday.?

Live in South jersey, looking for some Romantic places to go on the cheap this weekend(thurs till monday). Looks like a pretty crummy weekend weather wise in the NE this weekend. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

chris

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Okay here are some ideas, I don't live there but, I have been to several of these places.

Alantic City, you know there is always something going on there. plenty of shows, the old boarwalk. Hotels that have wonderful suites, good room services ect...There are also some resorts there, take a couples weekend at a spa that is always WAY romantic! Of course there is the light house and some dinner cruises. Good choice there!

Also what about going to the Cape May area? Nice beaches, neat hotels with good service, breathtaking views, wonderful resturatnts. They have a boardwalk as well, smaller but, still pretty neat! There is also Cold Springs Village, the Zoo, the lighthouse ect...contact the Cape May county visitors center for more info they will send you coupons, maps ect. Neat area check into it more!

There are some really neat B&B's in the Ocean County area. Stayed at a few there very romantic. Can't get any better than a B&B! There are some great resturants in the area, a nice drive. Beautiful area here are some B&B's for you.......

Amber Street Inn Bed and Breakfast, 118 Amber St., Beach Haven. 6 rooms & suites, all with ceiling fans, some w/fireplaces and one w/private veranda in a c.1885 Victorian cottage renovated in 1991 and furnished in antiques and wicker. Location: On Long Beach Island ½ block to the beach. Amenities: Front porch w/wicker and rockers, English garden. Beach passes/chairs. Romantic Getaway Packages. Seasonal. 609.492.1611

Bentley Inn, The, 694 Main Ave., Bay Head. 19 rooms in a three-story Queen Anne Victorian mansion built in 1886 and furnished in a traditional style w/antiques. Location: ½ block from the Atlantic Ocean. Amenities: 1st and 2nd floor wrap-around covered porches. Beach badges, equipment & outdoor showers. 24-hour refreshments. Bikes available. Massage by appointment. Year-round. Specials. 732.892.9589 or 866.423.6853

Julia's of Savannah, 209 Centre St., Beach Haven. 9 rooms & suites, some w/verandas, fireplaces and/or Jacuzzis in a three-story Gothic Victorian-style Inn built in 2000, furnished in a Victorian style w/antiques and oriental rugs. Location: In the heart of town, 1½ blocks to the beach. Amenities: Wrap-around porch, wicker furniture. Beach badges, beach chairs, towels & bicycles. Wireless internet available. Seasonal. 609.492.5004

This place is very nice!!!! I recommend it very much good times here!

SandCastle Inn, 710 Bayview Ave. Barnegat Light. 5 rooms & 2 suites, all w/private entrances, ceiling fans + fireplaces and some w/double Jacuzzis in a Victorian-style Inn built in 1986 and furnished in a traditional style. Location: Bayfront, 2 blocks from the beach. Amenities: Enclosed sun porch, heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi, poolside cabana, rooftop deck & exercise room. Bikes, beach badges, towels and chairs. 609.494.6555 or 800.253.0353.

Island Guest House B&B, 207 Third St., Beach Haven. 15 rooms, some w/private patios or decks and/or double showers in a European-style Inn built in the 1890's and furnished in a traditional style w/antiques, wicker and hand painted furniture. Location: 1½ blocks to the beach. Amenities: Porch, screened sunroom & courtyard. Beach badges, bicycle built-for-two & chairs. Seasonal. Packages. 609.709.5791 or 877.LBI.STAY

Here are some websites that might help you plan trip, also contact the local visitors center for maps and coupons they also are good on giving you romantic recommendations. I contact them for everything and every trip that I plan and they are always a big help!

New_Jersey_Honeymoons_Romantic_Getaways.htm

www.romanticplaces.com/search/usa/nj.html

www.newjerseyvisitorsnetwork.com/romance

www.drakeandcavendish.com

www.escapemaker.com/packages.html

www.escapemaker.com/nj

www.frenchtowner.com/frenchtown

www.whistlingswaninn.com

www.newjerseyvisitorsnetwork.com

www.bestromanticinns.com

www.newjerseyromanticgetaways.com

www.new-jersey-leisure-guide.com

I hope this helps have a great trip!!!!!!!

• 1 decade ago

sorry cant help you I live over the other side of the world I am going to Beechworth

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.