Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Why's the best player in Final Four called the M.O.P.(most outstanding player), not the M.V.P.?

Favorite Answer

I'm just speculating, but it might be for clarity. When they pick the MVP in baseball or the NBA, there is always debate as to whether the MVP should go to the best player, or the player who means the most to his team. By specifying "Most Outstanding," it's pretty clear they mean the one who played the best during the tournament.

If you think that's a minor difference, consider the last two NBA MVP awards. No way is Steve Nash the best player in the league, but it's hard to say he wasn't the most valuable to his team.

Okay I think i have a reasonable answer for you. I think MVP is used for Pro sports and MOP is used for high school and collegiate sports. Like in Wrestling we use MOW most oustanding wrestler.

Because it is what it IS

because his name is Greg Oden and he likes to change things up a little. duh.