What would the blue book value be for a 1997 LHS?

Update:

some of you are just SNARKY! i dont know much about cars when it comes to value... so your cold snide remarks are not needed.

Needing to know milage and eng condition is not a widely known thing when it comes to people who just drive the damn thing.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Who's being SNARKY to ya momma? I'll handle that...

Gimme a moment...

Anyway.....

Mileage is VERY important when it comes to declaring the value of a used car.

If you have a 1997 Chrysler LHS with 150,000 miles on it, it would be valued at about $1,975 in good condition. $1,395 in Fair condition and $2,325 if it were in Excellent condition.

Now if you take that same 1997 Chrysler LHS, but this one with only 25,000 miles on it it would be valued at about $3,400 in good condition, $2,820 in fair condition and about $3,750 in Excellent condition.

So mileage of the vehicle has a huge impact as you can see from the 2 examples. I also put in vehicle conditions for both examples, so that you can see the difference between excellent, good and fair conditions.

To elaborate more on the different conditions:

EXCELLENT

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

GOOD

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

FAIR

"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

I'm not even going to go into "Poor" condition. But remember that condition can relate to the condition of the engine as well.

Anyway, I thought this question needed a little assistance since I saw that none of the other answers really answered your question.

So I hope this clears things up a little more for ya. How is mommy's lil devil doing?

P.S. You been laying off the pepsi?

P.S.S. Don't let me find out there's anymore SNARKYNESS going on here or BadBoy will be back to handle that!

~~BadBoy has left the building~~

• 1 decade ago

Go here and enter as much information as you can. It all depends on the condition, mileage and options.

• 1 decade ago

Don't know what an LHS is but go to www.kbb.com and see.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Engine, and mileage, and options on it would help. Or can goto Kellybluebook.com

• 1 decade ago

Go to Kellybluebook.com! :D

~*~StardustFaerie24~*~

• Big R
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

click here to look up your car

http://www.kbb.com/

• Big C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.