Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

In the State of Texas, is it illegal to paper someone's house?

Update:

Also, what section of the penal code is it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As a police officer In the State of Texas, City of Houston, I would think that you could be arrested for Criminal Mischief. However, that would depend on whether or not there were any actual damages to the property in question. Just throwing T.P. into someone's trees could be construed as damage, since it probably detracts from the value of the house. It just depends on if you were caught, how technical the arresting officer wants to get, and also how adamant the homeowner is about sending you to jail.

If no damage actually occurred, you could be fined and arrested for littering, as in the State of Texas, the only two offenses you cannot be arrested for are speeding and possessing an open container in a vehicle.

In my experiences, most officers would rather not arrest someone if they can avoid it. It takes a lot of paperwork to put someone in jail, and takes away from time doing other things, so my advice is:

1. Don't get caught.

2. If you are caught, try to work it out at the scene by volunteering to clean up the mess.

• CBJ
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

probably...it is destruction of anothers property. It is likely under the civil code.

If it is in the penal code it would likely be trespassing...

just dont do it lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you mean tp(toliet paper) their house and DO JUST RUN LIKE THE DEVIL IS AFTER you or if in car FLOOR it and if they suspect have a good excuse or they will find out.if you are a teenager of younger go ahead and have fun but when you older dont do it

• 1 decade ago

yes it is i went to jail for doing it to my cosins house he lives in texas

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • FOA
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

lol I had no idea such weenies live in Texas!

I really thought they were of hardier stuff.

All it takes to get it down is a garden hose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.