Mormons: Was Joseph Fielding Smith's prophecy that man would never walk on the moon Divinely Inspired?

May 14, 1961 - Apostle Joseph Fielding Smith announces to stake conference in Honolulu: "We will never get a man into space. This earth is man's sphere and it was never intended that he should get away from it." Smith, the Twelve's president and next in succession as LDS President,... show more May 14, 1961 - Apostle Joseph Fielding Smith announces to stake conference in Honolulu:

"We will never get a man into space. This earth is man's sphere and it was never intended that he should get away from it."

Smith, the Twelve's president and next in succession as LDS President, adds:

"The moon is a superior planet to the earth and it was never intended that man should go there. You can write it down in your books that this will never happen."

This discourse was given while he was the "prophet".

The funny part is that after Apollo 15's journey to the moon, the astronaut team brought JFS a Utah State Flag that they had taken with them to the moon. They gave him the flag in 1971 as a token of his "failed prophecy".
Update: I'm not saying JFS needs to be perfect; I'm saying that the LDS Church claims that "the prophet cannot lead you a stray. God won't permit it". Joseph Smith also said that a prophet is only a prophet when acting as such; when speaking "in the name of the Lord". Since JFS closed his... show more I'm not saying JFS needs to be perfect; I'm saying that the LDS Church claims that "the prophet cannot lead you a stray. God won't permit it". Joseph Smith also said that a prophet is only a prophet when acting as such; when speaking "in the name of the Lord".

Since JFS closed his talk "in the name of Jesus Christ", and since he was a "prophet, seer and revelator"; it would seem to me, then, that according to LDS theology, this statement and prophecy would HAVE to be divinely inspired.