Skidoo
Skidoo asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Would eating cat or dog food make a person ill?

It's not that I want to or anything, I'm just curious because of another question someone posted.

Favorite Answer

Nope, I'm still good.

the recalled stuff - yes

"Elaine Larabie tells the Ottawa Citizen that for three days she suffered symptoms that included loss of appetite, vomiting, foaming at the mouth and trouble urinating. She went to an emergency room on Tuesday and is now awaiting test results from blood work.

After noticing her dog, Missy, wasn't eating, Larabie said she took bites of Iams pet food in order to trick the terrier into thinking it was people food.

The ploy worked and the mealtime routine continued for about two weeks until both dog and master became sick on March 17."

• 569™

well, i would think not. dogs can eat some human foods, but chocolate and other such things make them sick. Their food is bland and not rich (the dry stuff anyway). I think our food range is much larger than theirs. I don't know about cats because I don't have one. I'm just guessing, but I think their food range lies within ours. ask a veterinarian or someone in pet smart.

• Bailey

no, but why would you want to eat it

i had to eat a dog biscuit on a road rally in my high school days and it was gross (i think 3 of the 5 girls ended up puking)

Cat food has a lot of protein

Ask a Chinese or Korean person. They eat them all the time. They seem to be fine.

no itll make you purr or bark though

l dont think so.. its meat. do u get sick from cows or sheep

eating to much i would guess so.

no but why would u wanna?