I withheld some info when giving a statement to police on domestic violence can I be in trouble?

My boyfriend lived with me and we had a fight about him moving out. I packed his stuff and he refused to leave, so i threw some of his clothes on the floor. he got mad and got me in a choke hold and then threw me on the ground. It resulted in a red mark on my neck. i was crying and upset so I ran to my room and... show more My boyfriend lived with me and we had a fight about him moving out. I packed his stuff and he refused to leave, so i threw some of his clothes on the floor. he got mad and got me in a choke hold and then threw me on the ground. It resulted in a red mark on my neck. i was crying and upset so I ran to my room and grabbed a stick (like a bat) and I went in the living room to tell him to get out. i held it like a bat and I went up to him, and of course he grabbed it from me, threw it on the ground and then again he grabbed me by the arms really hard threw me on the ground again, This time he really hurt me. I had bruises on my arms and my lower back poped when I fell. I layed on the ground and he apologized for hurting me then left to the garage. A neighbor came over and saw my bruises and called the police. He was arrested. I said there was not a stick when giving my report. He now is pleading "not guilty" and saying it was self defense. if I tell about the stick will I be in trouble?